Field Environment Officer - Operations
Oil & Gas
Our client is looking for a Field Environmental Officer to ensure regulatory compliance and environmental outcomes are achieved through implementing and driving environmental management system.
Reporting to the HSE Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Implement systems and deliver best value on-the-ground compliance outcomes in accordance with team priorities
• Understand and apply environmental conditions of permits and approvals, policies and procedures and management plans throughout Operations
• Provide recommendations and advice on environmental solutions for field based operation of CSG related infrastructure including, wells, gathering, pipelines, ponds, water treatment plants, compression facilities.
• Environmental Advice including aspects such as noise, chemical management, CSG water, soil management, drainage, erosion and sediment control, water quality, waste management, nuisance complaints and rehabilitation
• Ensure environmental compliance by providing sufficient field environmental engineering, waste, pollution and emissions management capability.
• Provide assurance on operations environmental practices and performance, attend pre-start meetings, operations meetings and toolboxes to promote awareness of environmental conditions
• Undertake tool box talks and staff awareness training in Company Environmental Management System and Environmental Operating Procedures
• Monitor Operations field compliance with environmental legislation, licensing, permit conditions and company policy and procedures and undertake scheduled inspections
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• A working knowledge and understanding of environmental legislation, policies, standards and practices (both federal and state legislation) and how they are applied in the workplace
• User of established environmental systems, techniques, tools and software
• Understanding of process plants / operational infrastructure
• Sufficient field environmental engineering, waste (including land contamination)
• Experience researching, creating and implementing environmental policies, procedures and environmentally compliant systems of work
• Experience with operational infrastructure processes
• Experience performing investigations
• Solid experience advising managers and supervisors in the identification, assessment, and control of environmental hazards (if certified)
• Recent experience working in a similar position
• Comfortable acting in a consultative and advisory capacity
• Previous work experience in the oil and gas industry ideally field based