Our Client is a first rate educational body with an end goal of educating, developing and inspiring the next generation of workers to the highest standard in order for them to enter the local working market. Our client operates in over 7 locations within Cumbria and has contributed monumentally to the local supply chain with 97% of apprentices going directly in to full time employment.
Functional Skills Trainer
Location: Based in Carlisle (Work in other centres required)
Closing Date: Open
Main purpose of the job:
To carry out delivery of Functional Skills at Levels 1 & 2 - predominantly ICT/ITQ delivery
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Delivery of Functional Skills is a requirement of the position, so having Numeracy & Literacy at a minimum of Level 2 is essential.
2. Provide high quality teaching to ensure all learners have a productive and effective learning experience.
3. Deliver Functional Skills, Maths, English and ICT/ITQ up to and including L2, demonstrating good practice in teaching, learning and assessment in line with company principles and strategy.
4. Carry out research and product development for new and existing qualifications in line with customer demand and awarding organisation's standards.
5. Supervise or assist with supervision of learners.
6. Invigilate exams in line with standards and procedures.
7. Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
8. Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of learning and maintaining records to monitor learner progress, achievement and attendance.
9. Participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments.
10. Provide pastoral care and support to students.
11. Participate in the administration of the department's programmes of study and other activities as requested.
12. Contribute to departmental working groups or committees as requested.
13. Maintain own continuing professional development.
14. Actively follow and promote company policies, including Safeguarding, Prevent Duty, Equality & Diversity.
15. Maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations.
The person appointed is likely to have the skills and experience listed below.
Essential: Strong knowledge of the subject area combined with wider subject background enabling contributions to teaching programmes. Confident understanding of Maths, English and ICT.
Desirable: Comprehension of the Functional Skills curriculum.
Essential: Full Valid Driving License
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
First-rate aptitude in Maths, English and ICT.
Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
Desirable: Evidence of ability to teach Functional Skills and to supervise learners
Essential: Minimum GCSE grade 'C' in Maths & English or L2 equivalent. Relevant IT qualification or experience.
4. Previous Experience
Previous experience is not essential. However, delivery/training experience
and evidence of working with learners to improve their Maths, English and IT
skills are desirable.
5. Personal Qualities
Essential: A passion for teaching and helping learners to achieve their full potential.
Dedicated to deliver the highest quality learner experience.
Engaged with the use of new technologies to improve the quality of learning.
An excellent team player and supportive colleague.
A 'can do attitude and proactive approach.
Committed to professional development.
Excellent time manager.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.