Functional Verification Infrastructure Engineer
6 months renewable
This vacancy has now expired.
makes the freedom of flight possible by designing, manufacturing and supporting the world’s best aircraft. Its people around the globe are united by a passion for aviation, as well as their desire to create better, more efficient ways for airlines and passengers to fly.
Description of the job
We are looking for an experienced engineer with excellent technical skills in C++ & JAVA and experience in the simulator/test rig development projects to join our team as a key member for the development of space mission related functional simulators and hardware in the loop test benches.
As an experienced engineer you will design, develop and integrate specific modules and models of the simulator. You will work closely with the engineering teams of the space mission project, ensuring the successful engineering, development and use of the test benches for the space mission test campaigns.
The main technical activities include: technical requirements analysis, software design and implementation, technical follow up of external teams, system integration, testing and delivery of the benches. The software implementation is done in C++, with JAVA used as the test language and the simulator is developed in a Linux environment.
The Satellite Functional Verification Infrastructure (FVI) department is responsible for the development of space mission functional simulators and hardware-in the-loop test benches that are primarily used in the:
- Development and validation of the flight software
- Validation of the hardware-software interfaces of the different satellite equipment.
- Validation of the avionics of the satellite during the development phase, up to launch.
The project involves transnational activities across all FVI departments in the UK, France and Germany. As part of your role you may be required to travel occasionally and for very short periods within Europe. This role reports to the Project Manager and the FVI Department Manager.
- Modelling requirements engineering;
- Design, coding and unit testing for the different simulator models representing spacecraft equipment;
- Simulator system level integration, verification and validation;
- Simulator delivery and acceptance;
- Operational day-to-day support to the users of the test benches during the spacecraft testing campaign;
- Technical support to perform investigations and identify issues that could be related to the simulators;
- Evolutionary and corrective maintenance of the simulator models;
- Development of tools required to support the testing of the models and the simulator;
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or another related technical discipline;
- Excellent knowledge and skills in C++ and JAVA design and development;
- Knowledge of data protocols: e.g. SpaceWire or MilSTD 1553;
- Knowledge of ECSS software standards is desirable.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle;
- Experience in development and testing of software simulators or hardware-in-the loop test rigs (preferably in the aerospace domain);
- Excellent experience in C++ and Java software development;
- Experience in the development of functional models;
- Working knowledge of Linux OS; of the Eclipse SDE would be desirable;
- Experience in the software lifecycle; requirements, design, development, integration, testing, delivery and acceptance;
- Experience in technical follow up/interfacing to external teams is desirable;
- Working knowledge on Real Time software, would be advantageous
- Self-motivated and autonomous; able to work within a dynamic team environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Proactive and honest engagement with colleagues and the customers
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
For further information or to discuss any opportunities, Contact David Hogan at Fircroft on + 44 1925 281 478