General Buyer - 30907
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
This Senior Buyer role is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and developing area of the business focussed on lithium ion batteries or Power Electronics to develop truly Global Commodity Strategies that drive long-term improvements in Quality, Cost and Delivery performance and provide competitive advantage to the client, its customers and suppliers (based on SCD and CBP minimum standards). Drive the vision of One Global Purchasing Team by drawing on the expertise of regional colleagues, and assessing the clients global position for relevant commodities and supply markets. Through engagement of the regional teams, develop intimate global market knowledge of high voltage (e.g. future trend, cost characteristics, statutory legislation and developments within the sector) with a view to provide effective global sourcing recommendations to the Business. Stakeholder engagement required at many levels within the client and with external suppliers. The role will be responsible for organising a number of high value and focus commodities, with impact across several key functions of the business. A varied skill set is required due to the speciality of the commodities being purchased. The role requires a high level of senior level interaction internally, as well as a continual flow of high level communication with the supply base and overseas Factories. The successful candidate will be responsible for enabling the purchase and supply chain of global production for specified projects through negotiated costs with suppliers and deliver class leading value to the business.
3 Key Skills:
1) Purchasing or Commercial Negotiation
2) Evidence of Project Management capabilities
3) Strong Communication & Software Application Skillset
- Strong buying and negotiating expertise with previous experience of a purchasing or other commercial negotiating environment and able to manage and execute complex negotiations
- Strong project management, business acumen and analytical skills
- Experience in supplier relationship management
- Strong leadership, influencing and relationship management skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to converse at all levels of the organisation and with external suppliers/customers
- Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
-An understanding of cost drivers in a manufacturing environment
- A proven awareness of the total business case and end customer value relationship
- Experience of dealing with global companies with high value revenue
- Experience of aftermarket requirements ¿ CIPS qualified (or working towards)
- A passion for the automotive industry and the potential of automotive technology
- Strong project management capabilities with excellent execution skills and the ability to multitask
- Comfortable challenging with strong influencing and engagement skills