General Buyer - 31328
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
- This role requires stakeholder engagement at the client base and with external suppliers.
- The role will be responsible for organising a number of high value commodities, with impact across several key functions of the business.
- A varied skill set is required due to the speciality of the commodities being purchased.
- The role requires a high level of interaction internally, as well as a continual flow of high level communication with the supply base and overseas Factories.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for enabling the purchase and supply chain of global production for specified projects through negotiated costs with suppliers and deliver class leading value to the business.
Personal Profile Essential:
- A passion for the automotive industry and the potential of automotive technology
- Strong project management capabilities with excellent execution skills and the ability to multitask
- Comfortable challenging with strong influencing and engagement skills
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs.
- Able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- A dynamic and determined individual, highly driven, committed and results-orientated with significant pace, energy and confidence.
- Able to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with strategic vision
- Able to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment with a range of expectations on what customer-focussed solutions might look like
Key Performance Indicators
- Sourcing of new model programs to target, via GSP process
- Deliver non-design and savings as part of CoC target
- Complete Commodity Business Plan for the respective commodity family
- Ensure Should Cost Gap Closure within the current financial year
- Ensure completion of CDTS/cost tracking in furtherance of above
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Essential:
- Strong buying and negotiating expertise with previous experience of a purchasing or other commercial negotiating environment - able to manage and execute complex negotiations
- Strong project management, business acumen and analytical skills
- Experience in supplier relationship management
- Strong leadership, influencing and relationship management skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to converse at all levels of the organisation and with external suppliers/customers
- Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
- An understanding of cost drivers in a manufacturing environment
- A proven awareness of the total business case and end customer value relationship
- Experience of dealing with global companies with high value revenue
- Experience of aftermarket requirements
- CIPS qualified (or working towards)
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead daily meetings with the customer to provide update on project progress
- Lead discussions with different areas of the business to define requirement and gather information relevant to project
- Coordinate with the team to raise orders to suppliers in line with the demand from customer
- Work with part manufacturers and take appropriate action to resolve any issues which may arise
- Engage the relevant service providers and ensure that they meet the requirements set
- Where needed, engage the homeline / lead plant and reach agreement on supply of parts
- Own and update all project documents and issue reports to seniors based on set key performance indicators
- Build, develop and grow any relationships vital to the success of the project
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
- External Suppliers
- Programme teams
- Supplier Technical Assistance
- Overseas factories
- Product Development