Green/ Brownfield Project Engineer
Oil & Gas
Our client, a major owner/operating company, requires expertise for their ongoing oil sands mega-projects in Alberta.This position is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
A key member of the Strathcona Project Management Group, you will assume responsibility for managing and oversight of detailed engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of refinery sustaining capital projects.
Your primary goal will be to consistently achieve project completion with flawless safety and environmental performance while delivering on quality, cost and schedule requirements.
This role will see you oversee detailed engineering, procurement and construction projects for both green and brown field refinery process facilities, ranging from $1M – $25M.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
The successful applicant will possess a combination of the following:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering
• Previous related project and/or maintenance engineering experience required
• Professional Engineer registered in Alberta or the eligibility for registration as a PEng in the Province of Alberta
• Safety and Field engineering past experience
• Adept at reasoning with a high level of self-initiative and strong desire to acquire new knowledge and skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Examples of leadership talents, and ability to work and lead effectively in a team environment
• Comfortable working in an industrial setting, at heights and in confined spaces when required
• SAP experience would be an asset