This vacancy has now expired.
This position is for a grinding specialist within an Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering team. State of the art 5 and 7 axis grinding is at the core of the manufacturing process for our client and successfully deploying and developing this is fundamental to the facility's success. As a grinding specialist you will form part of a team responsible for the deployment, improvement and maintenance of these processes. This is a very exciting opportunity that will give the right candidate a wealth of experience, developmental opportunities and training within a highly renowned company planning on significant growth through the coming years .
• Significant experience of defining, developing and maintaining grinding processes of high tolerance components.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering with 5+ years of manufacturing engineering experience or relevant professional experience in lieu of this
Desirable Technical Skills
• Experience of the development of grinding processes from the definition of grinding strategy and design of fixtures to creation and proving of programs, and confirmation of process capability. Ideally this will be in a Makino environment.
• Experience in the use of on machine probing and adaptive grinding and a good understanding of how this can used to ensure product and process conformance.
• Working knowledge of the use of CAD / CAM systems ideally Siemens UG. Experience in the use of EasyGrind grinding programming software
• Experience in introducing and statistically qualifying new grinding machine tools & equipment into a factory environment.
• Knowledge of the method of manufacturing and processes used to manufacture turbine components (blades, static vanes, seal segments)
• Six Sigma Green or Black Belt accreditation. Knowledge and understanding of the use process control and problem investigation tools (PFMEAs, control plans, RCA, 7 step, 5 whys e.t.c).
• Methodical, logical approach to problem solving. Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to communicate affectively upwards and downwards within the organisation and to train others.
• Good team play with collaborative attitude and a flexible approach and a strong drive for results
39 hours: Monday - Thursday : 07:30 - 16:30
Friday : 07:30 - 12:30