Head of HR APAC,
Head of HR APAC, based in Bangkok, Thailand:
The client has been providing engineering, project management, asset management, asset integrity, training services, software and tools to the energy industry worldwide for over 60 years. As a business, we always look to the future, challenging ourselves to define the best way to make a positive impact across the rapidly changing energy industry. With 1,000 people globally, we are working together to shape the delivery of tomorrow’s energy.
The client has major offices in the UK, Houston, Abu Dhabi and Bangkok. In the APAC region we have approximately 150 employees across Bangkok and Singapore Collectively, our APAC team delivers Engineering & Project Management and Asset Integrity services as well as various global and regional business support functions.
This role forms part of the HR leadership team with colleagues based in each of the major offices.
• Responsible for HR agenda for the region and provide HR leadership to guide and develop the HR team
• Develop and manage the HR function,
• Roll out of global initiatives
• Responsible for HRIS within the region
• Responsible for payroll processing in region
• Function as the HR Business partner to Regional Directors and Managers
• Primary lead to drive a people performance culture
• The custodian of HR policies and procedures
• Responsible for HR communication, corporate culture and employee relationship activities
• Coordinate and ensure proper execution of the company's personnel administration functions
• To succeed in the role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with the senior leadership team, across borders.
• University Degree and above, preferably with HR or business management related major
• Minimum 8 years' experiences in human capital management
• Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in creating and managing HR policies and procedures
• Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in talent management, talent development and succession planning processes and programs
• Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in partnering with and supporting senior management team
• A high level of motivation to work independently
• Flexible to travel across the two offices (however this expected to be infrequent)