Health & Safety Lead
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a leading independent FTSE 250 international oil and gas exploration and production company, with operations in the North Sea (offices in Aberdeen and Stavanger), Middle East/Pakistan (offices in Islamabad) and Asia (offices in Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Jakarta).
Their strategy is to deliver growth from existing producing assets, on going developments, high potential exploration opportunities and acquisitions, while maintaining a healthy balance sheet. Their core values of c
Reporting functionally to the FIBU HSES Manager and working alongside Drilling, Environmental and Technical Safety Lead positions in the BU HSES Team, the H&S Lead shall provide a competent & proactive service across all FIBU projects and operations (excluding drilling) to ensure that H&S risks are understood & controls or mitigations are put in place in a timely & economical fashion.
The role will initially focus on:
1. Supporting the FIBU HSES Manager to build out the BU HSE Management System;
2. H&S risk assessment and planning support for onshore logistics & offloading aspects of the Sea Lion project;
3. The H&S aspects of major construction contractor selection;
4. Providing H&S management support for offshore survey activities in the North Falkland Basin;
Following sanction of the project the role will functionally manage a team of PMO HSE Advisors on vessels or at construction yards at numerous international locations as well as supporting the BU Logistics function to safely develop required infrastructure on the Falklands Is to support PMO operations.
• Provision of H&S support & advice to staff & contractors;
• Take a leading role in the development of a proactive HSES culture;
• Ensure that the H&S risks associated with all FIBU project and operated activities (outside drilling) are systematically identified & mitigated;
• The implementation and further development of PMO HSES Management System processes in the execution project and operated activities;
• Ensure contractors are systematically assessed through a rigorous monitoring & auditing process & managed to achieve an excellent performance;
• Act as a competent point of contact for external regulatory & other stakeholders;
• Provide assistance to the FIBU HSES Manager to develop & implement BU wide H&S processes & procedures.
• Through a clear strategy, careful planning & performance monitoring drive excellent HSES performance in both staff & contractor communities;
• Prepare campaign H&S documentation including but not limited to HSES Plans, Bridging documentation, ER Interface Plans, ER Fast Facts, HSES Audit Plans;
• Organise and lead an HSES kick off meeting between FIBU Project Team & Contractor(s) following award of contract;
• Support FIBU Project Managers in reviews of assessment of Contractor HSES competencies and procedures;
• Establish & lead HSES Meetings /Conference Calls involving FIBU Management, PMO Project Team & Contractors;
• Provide competent H&S inputs at HAZIDs, HIRAs, HAZOPs, SIMOPS, Ops Readiness Reviews etc;
• Manage H&S contractors / consultants for specific work scopes;
• Prepare, organise & deliver general & issue specific H&S training as required;
• Establish & lead H&S Awareness Campaigns to target key H&S risks associated with projects & operations;
• Manage the collection & timely reporting of key proactive & reactive H&S metrics to the organisation;
• Participate in (& where appropriate lead) incident investigation teams including closeout of actions;
• Plan & execute HSES Audits on contractors HSE MS implementation on site;
• Provide a competent resource for emergency & contingency management and form part of the BU On Call Emergency response team;
Provision of H&S advice to multiple international site locations to enable management of H&S risk to ALARP.
Provision of project and annual CTR estimates for required external HSES support for all BU project activities
To meet or exceed OGP related HSES KPIs set by Group HSES and Business Unit.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
An appropriate HSES based qualification i.e. NEBOSH Diploma / Bachelors / Masters Degree
Min. 15 years relevant experience in the offshore Oil & Gas sector with experience on large projects managing H&S risk. Projects and/or operations on the UKCS an advantage
Recent Senior H&S Advisor experience in / directly supporting an E&P business
HSES training experience
Lead incident investigator
Behavioural based safety programmes
HSES Auditing experience
Strong understanding of UK Occupational H&S regulations and associated ACoPs for both onshore construction activities and offshore operations
Extensive knowledge of oil and gas fabrication processes and HSES risks inherent in construction operations
Ability to work at offshore / onshore, project / senior management / Governmental level
Excellent communication & influencing skills
The provision of practical & well thought out solutions to HSES requirements
Organised, task driven & proactive
Planning & supervisory skills
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Demonstrable professional qualifications in risk assessment; incident investigation; HSES auditing; emergency management