HSE Area Specialist
Oil & Gas
Louisiana - Other
This vacancy has now expired.
Seeking a Qualified candidate for a Permanent HSE Specialist role with a major LNG in Hackberry, Louisiana~
Coordinates with company project managers, construction managers, and contractor representatives on issues of EH&S programs, compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements, and overall project EH&S.
· Monitors contractors and subcontractors for compliance with health & safety regulations and project guidelines.
· Attends Contractor’s daily “tool box“ meetings and other regularly scheduled safety meetings.
· Reviews contractor EH&S plans, programs, and other documentation to ensure consistency with contract terms and conditions, and compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
· Identifies issues that could impact the project from an EH&S compliance perspective and coordinate with project management to develop strategies to address and resolve these issues.
· Performs inspections, accident/incident investigations, track safety performance statistics, and prepare reports as required. Develops and implements policies, procedures, programs and manuals related to company EH&S needs and requirements to ensure the safety of company employees, compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements, and consistency with best management practices.
· Participates in or leads in the development and delivery of safety training for company employees.
· Interfaces with regulatory agency representatives and assist in making any required reports or notices to regulatory agencies.
· Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties)
· Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university.
· Minimum 5 years experience in environmental and safety program management and construction.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities:
•Detailed knowledge of all environmental and safety matters as they relate to the energy industry, particularly with respect to natural gas storage, pipelines and construction.
•Strong working knowledge and understanding of regulatory structure, agencies and requirements in the U.S.
•Experienced in HSSE policies, procedures and standards in natural gas process operations.
•Advanced computer skills, including project management, spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation software.
•Excellent communication, public speaking presentation skills and writing.
•Well-developed interpersonal and negotiation skills.
•Ability to manage multiple and complex issues and work independently.