Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
A Oil and Gas Subcontractor specialised in water treatment.
Reporting to the Project Manager and the VWT HSSE Manager, the duties of the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager when working with VWS will include, but may not be limited to, the following activities and responsibilities.
• Responsible for the implementation of the VWS Occupational Health and Safety Management System and the Environmental Management System at VWS work site.
• Be familiar with all aspects of the VWS Quality Management Manual and VWS Health Safety and Environmental Policy document, including revisions that are implemented. Ensure that the requirements of both documents, including continuous improvement, are implemented.
• Carrying out Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments and Manual Handling Assessments and identifying HSE improvements in all operations.
• Implementing, maintaining Health & Safety and Environmental Records and Certification files and reporting status on a regular basis.
• Monitoring of applicable health & safety and environmental legislation and regulations and ensure that their requirements are incorporated in the HSE Management Systems.
• Defining appropriate procedures and Ensuring department managers are aware of HSE requirements and the need for continuous assessment and improvement.
• Ensuring that all employees follow the approved procedures within the HSE Management System.
• Promoting and encouraging awareness among all employees of the benefits of continuous improvement in all matters relating to HSE.
• Arranging the regular VWS Safety Meetings, issue of minutes and expediting actions by all parties.
• Investigation and resolution of operational deficiencies in the event of any Accident, Incident or Near Miss Report in conjunction with department managers. Ensure the action plan and mitigated actions are closed in appropriate time.
• Be proactive by relevant constructive ideas.
• Production of HSE statistical information.
• Carry out programmed Internal HS&E Audits.
• Monitoring of any remedial measures highlighted during HSE Audits.
• Carrying out HSE Audits of subcontractors and suppliers.
• Continuous review of all HSE documented procedures, preparation and issue of revisions as required.
• In conjunction with department managers review suitability of new and / or substitute types of PPE and other safety equipment.
• Encourage and promote the provision of Feedback / Recommendations / Suggested Improvements / Near Misses / Problems from all personnel