HVAC Engineer - Climate Control Systems
This vacancy has now expired.
A luxury Automotive OEM based in the West Midlands. After continued growth & success there are a number of new exciting engineering projects underway and we currently have requirements for experienced engineering professionals.
To provide climate control system support, knowledge and assistance to the Climate Control System Module owner.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• To work with the Climate System Module leader to help develop the system for a new model.
• Define and specify climate control system requirements for model.
• Provide support to and also lead CAE investigations.
• Assist to the generation of technical information and creation of presentations to support PMST reporting out.
• Liaise with system engineers and suppliers to determine component and system requirements.
• Coordinate and manage packaging schemes to meet component requirements.
• Ensure information/CAD data is current and readily available to support regular package and supplier reviews.
• Review 3D CAD and 2D drawings prior to Engineering release.
• Coordinate release components in order to meet CCM deadlines for program timing gateways.
• Provide support to supplier selection and part procurement for both prototype and production builds, including FRI and RFQ. This may require foreign travel (mainly Europe).
• Generate and present BOM information.
• Support DFMEA and DVP generation.
• Provide assistance to design reviews to ensure proposals are optimised for component and system performance, material selection, weight and timing.
• Provide support on the development of in-house design, testing and developmental standards and procedures.
• Validate component and vehicle development via the use of Rig and Vehicle testing.
• Support build phases throughout the programs.
• The post holder will undertake other duties, commensurate with the grading of the post, when required in order to achieve the Company’s objectives.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Educated to Degree level in an engineering discipline, or equivalent relevant experience.
• Minimum of five years’ relevant experience of Automotive Climate Control at a component and system level, including experience in specification, design and development.
• Experience of 3D CAD systems.
• Some experience of conducting chamber/rig tests.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels of organisation and the ability to present technical information.
• Ability to prioritise multiple tasks to meet tight time schedules and objectives.
• Must be self-motivated and work flexibly with minimal supervision.
• Competent in using Microsoft Office software.