Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Participate in the plant-level improvement process; evaluate improvement opportunities and implement improvement initiatives, including capital projects.
1. Partner with plant operations' personnel to secure relevant data for identification of technology gaps, improvement opportunities and project definitions.
2. Analyze plant performance data to identify and measure effectiveness of existing processes and recommend process improvement initiatives.
3. Collect and analyze process data to initiate and identify opportunities for plant improvement areas aligned with the Plant's Specific Technology Plan objectives and goals.
4. Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting assistance for plants.
5. Provide technical plant support in specialized areas, including process simulation, modelling, process safety, risk analysis, and process optimization.
6. Coach plant personnel on the proper measurements and daily updates of technology performance/asset utilization data.
7. Validate improvement opportunities and assist in building the Plant Specific Technology Plan.
8. Support plant improvement to ensure proper set-up and use of opportunity identification tools.
9. Identify plant improvements and ensure implementation of supported projects as identified in the Plant Specific Technology Plan.
10. Provide data for validating the performance objectives of the projects.
11. Comply with EH&S guidelines and overall processes.
12. Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/manager.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Essential: Bachelor of Science degree in a Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline.
* Preferred: Green Belt Process Leader certification.
* Operation and Process Engineering Experience in plant-related technology (any of the following technologies is required: Chlor-Alkali, Ethylene Oxide, Amines, Glycol Ether, Polyethylene, Propylene Oxide, Polyol, TDI, MDI, Formalin, DNT, Aniline, MNB, NA, Hydrocarbons cracker, Aromatics, or Utility systems).
* In-depth understanding of process technologies.
* Experience implementing process improvements and excellent problem solving skills.
* Initiatives: High degree of personal initiatives
* Interpersonal effectiveness: communicates well with different people and builds effective relationships
* Value focus: anticipates, identifies and targets value based on data driven decisions
* Teamwork: able to form a team and guide the team towards common goals and results
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.