Oil & Gas
Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Lead the plant-level improvement process by gathering and analyzing data, evaluating improvement opportunities and implementing change initiatives, including capital projects.
1. Drive process improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
2. Partner with plant Operations’ personnel to secure relevant data for identification of technology gaps, improvement opportunities and project definitions.
3. Lead the analysis of plant performance data to effectively measure the existing processes and recommend changes as required.
4. Collect and analyze process data to initiate and identify opportunities for plant improvement areas aligned with the Plant’s Specific Technology Plan objectives and goals.
5. Act as technical focal point for plant process technology and improvements.
6. Act as the Project Manager for <$1MM projects; define/manage scope, cost/schedule and coordinate project resource allocation.
7. Coach plant personnel on the proper measurement and daily update of technology performance/asset utilization data.
8. Validate improvement opportunities using appropriate tools and assist in the building the Plant Specific Technology Plan.
9. Champion the plant improvement to ensure proper set-up and use of opportunity identification tools.
10. Assist the P&ID Supervisor in ensuring implementation of supported projects as identified in the Plant Specific Technology Plan.
11. Provide technical plant support in specialized areas, including process simulation, modelling, process safety, risk analysis, and process optimization.
12. Analyze collected process data to validate the performance objectives of the projects.
13. Ensure that all principles, procedures and practices strictly comply with EH&S guidelines, regulatory and permit requirements.
14. Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/manager.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Essential: Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Preferred: Green Belt Process Leader certification.
• Experience in any of the following technologies is required: Chlor-Alkali, Ethylene Oxide, Amines, Glycol Ether, Polyethylene, Propylene Oxide, Polyol, TDI, MDI, Formalin, DNT, Aniline, MNB, NA, Hydrocarbons cracker, Aromatics, or Utility systems.
• Quality of Work
• Project management
• Safety conscious
• Process compliance