Oil & Gas
Qatar - Other
up to 5 years
Our client is one of the largest producers of low-density polyethylene (LDPE) in the Middle East.
The company produces a wide range of LDPE grades that are suitable for all thermoplastics processing techniques used for various applications. These include, food packaging, agricultural films, extrusion and coating lamination films, high-clarity films, injection moulding, cables, wires, foam and other products that are widely used all over the world.
For this position preference will be given to candidates already here in Qatar or in GCC region
Carry out maintenance on variety of complex automation systems. The maintenance of all types of automation equipment installed in the plant as per preventive maintenance sheets given to him includes calibration of transmitters, switches, control valves, analyzers, fire & gas detectors, cleaning and painting the of instrument if necessary, checking and all other similar automation jobs. He shall be accountable for the quantity and quality of his work.
• Carry out the corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance activities for various automation systems in company’s plants, workshops and offshore facilities in accordance with established schedules to achieve effective functionality, reliability and efficiency in accordance with standard operating procedures, HSE guidelines and quality standards.
• Measure voltage, current, resistance and all other electrical parameters as and when required in line with defined procedures.
• Co-ordinate with company’s engineers to carry out modifications on automation system and equipment in plant as directed and in accordance with the modification sheets provided to him with detailed drawing to enhance the efficiency of equipment/plant.
• Contractor personnel shall be able to use and maintain all type of testing and calibration of instruments.
• Isolates power supply or security (fail safe or trip systems) in accordance with the strict company rules and procedures for low voltage systems. This includes the use of proper authorization forms.
• Checks all security systems and related alarms including trouble shooting and diagnoses of routine/emergency breakdowns.
• Participate in the shut down operations as per defined procedures and standards and in line with HSE guidelines.
• Attend to plant emergencies under the direction of the Automation Supervisor.
• Check the necessary stock levels of spare parts while storing them correctly to support effective inventory control.
• Assists electrical technicians as and when requested by section supervisor especially during shift hours.
• Maintain logbook on maintenance tasks carried out in order to facilitate timely information availability and ready referencing.
• Conduct observations on unsafe/safe acts, and report in a timely manner.
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
• Ensure all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered to so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
• Performs other similar duties such as observing safety rules and regulations, follow quality procedures as prescribed, maintaining of good housekeeping on sites, substations and workshop.
• The automation technician shall work in accordance with strict system guidelines, established procedures, standard practices, brief notes or detailed instructions. Work is usually monitored by automation supervisor. This job is also expected to have constant coordination with field operators with regard to all maintenance matters.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Basic Qualification & experience
• 3 years Diploma in Instrumentation & Control Engineering
• 5 years of experience in troubleshooting for field instrument and automatic control loop.
• Ability to calibrate field instrument.
• Ability to use all related instrument tools in his field.
• Knowledge of SMART instrument, field analyzers, fire & gas system and familiar with international codes & standards
• Shall be aware of proper maintenance techniques and practical knowledge of Automation maintenance principles.
• Shall have certification* from Qatar supreme council of Environment to work on GAMA RAYS source.
• Shall have experience in Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Companies.
Language & communication skills:
• Ability to communicate fluently in English language.
• Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, Technical manuals, PIDs and drawing.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Previous experience in Middle East will be preferential
• Experience in Qatar desirable