Our client is a major oil and gas company
Please note that this position required a fluent French speaker.
* Demonstration of site HSSE Leadership.
o Input into daily and weekly safety meetings
o Ensure ISG Control of Work procedure is rigorously followed and understood.
o Regular auditing of site HSSE systems such as Permit to Work, Isolations
o Overrides management
o Sharing of lessons learnt with site team.
o Participation and support of investigation into any HSSE incidents or accidents.
* Support of major instrument maintenance and commissioning tasks.
o To include both corrective and preventative maintenance.
o Review / improve existing maintenance programs for instruments
o Review / improve spares availability for Instruments
o Resolution of warranty issues and implementation of modifications
o Input to commissioning activities where requested
o Performing Authority responsibility
* Coaching of Algerian Maintenance Instrument Engineers and Instrument Technicians to develop competency and wider engineering skills
o Through on-the-job training and coaching
o Specific projects aligned at development
o Management of audited development plans for site technicians and interaction with Training and Development department
* Application of Continuous Improvement to identify opportunities for improvement and work to resolve them. To be done in close co-ordination with Maintenance Instrument Engineers. Areas for improvement may include:
o HSE, Reliability or Quality improvements
o Performance monitoring
o Guidance information and procedures
o Maintenance systems and processes (including Maximo reporting)
* Input into maintenance planning process
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Essential Criteria and Qualifications:
* Preference: Qualified to degree level in Instrument Engineering or related discipline with 5 years Oil and Gas Experience.
* Alternatively, trade qualification with 10 years Oil and Gas experience.
* Detailed knowledge of Instrument systems including: DCS, ESD, F&G, Well controls, Ex equipment and site Instruments
* Strong knowledge of Operations and Pre-Ops commissioning
* Good knowledge of work control systems, isolations and emergency response
* Strong coaching and leadership skills and ability to work with all field departments and contractors.
* Personal commitment to hands-on HSE leadership in all aspects of role
* Experience in coaching in overseas national organisations.
* Good knowledge and practical experience of industry maintenance practices.
* High level of computer literacy including maintenance systems
* Good written and spoken in French and English. Ability to speak Arabic is an advantage.
* Certified medically fi