Integrity & Corrosion Engineering Sr. Supervisor
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Manage and oversee the Integrity & Corrosion team’s strategic and operational activities and ensure compliance with the company’s quality standards and regulations.
1. Responsible for the safety, efficiency, productivity and overall performance for all activities within the Integrity & Corrosion team.
2. Lead the team in performing a variety of engineering inspection activities, involving the development and implementation of risk-based inspection method and effective administration of corrosion control policies, procedures and techniques.
3. Ensure that corrosion control and inspection activities and investigations comply with the internal standards and procedures and feedback to achieve timely turnaround.
4. Manage the historical database specific to corrosion management and control activities and ensure that it is organized and updated for accessibility and future reference.
5. Prepare technical reports and regularly conduct corrosion analyses on static pressure equipment and during turnarounds, and confer findings to ensure that associated risks are addressed and proactive actions are taken.
6. Provide technical knowledge on corrosion engineering principles and theories to anticipate and identify potential threats to the integrity of the static pressure equipment and ensure that proactive and preventive measures are in place.
7. Collaborate with the inspectors to follow and collect live data regarding corrosion monitoring and control from process units, and review operations’ report regularly.
8. Keep abreast with new corrosion techniques and technologies and participate in various professional conference and exhibitions concerning corrosion management and control activities.
9. Ensure that all principles, procedures and practices strictly comply with EH&S guidelines, regulatory and permit requirements.
10. Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/ manager.
1. Manage and oversee the day-to-day work performed by the direct staff.
2. Perform all tasks and activities in accordance with the clients policies and procedures.
3. Assess the level of skills of employees and identify the need for developmental programs.
4. Motivate, coach, develop and support respective employees.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Essential: Bachelor’s degree in any related Engineering field.
• Experience in a supervisory or acting supervisory role.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Communication skills
• Safety Awareness
• Mentoring & Coaching
• Analytical Thinking