Interior Trim Engineer
This vacancy has now expired.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
1 MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide expert theoretical and practical capability and experience in Interior engineering disciplines and to understand the latest/forthcoming business and technical developments to enable the business to select, engineer and deliver appropriate technical solutions on part and sub-system for all projects.
Coordinating the design content of the Interior commodities to a level capable of being implemented into manufacturing and delivering to functional, quality, timing and cost targets.
2 POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to appropriate Senior Engineer who reports to the Functional Manager. Accountable for technical content to the Senior Engineer and responsible for effective consultation with other Engineers.
Collaborates closely with other Engineers/Senior Engineers and SET Leaders to establish and manage interfaces between sub-systems/features.
Liases with all levels in the business, particularly within Styling, Project management Purchasing, Logistics, Finance and Manufacturing, and with Supplier/Contract Houses at all levels.
3 SCOPE OF JOB
• Responsible for developing and maintaining own sub-system knowledge and industry standards.
• Responsible for defining and planning own work and the effective monitoring of design and progress.
• Responsible for design of components/sub-systems which, when introduced into production, are safe, legal and otherwise are fit for purpose, (including satisfying product liability requirements) and represent the best compromise between company and customer needs.
• Responsible for development of own CAD design solutions, and provide direction to additional CAD resource including contract staff.
• Accountable for timely parts release for prototype build and production, and for delivery of all Product Engineering activities required to achieve timely vehicle launch to quality and cost targets.
• Responsible for procurement of containment parts as required by the Project.
• Responsible for running design reviews both internally and with external design partners and suppliers.
• Accountable for the completion of all test, validation and certification of systems/components to demonstrate successful achievement of the above.
• Responsible for prompt Concern resolution on owned components, and development of Engineering changes, including containment solutions if necessary.
• Responsible at all times to follow and deliver the requirements of the company systems as defined by company Quality standards and procedures.
• Occasional overseas travel may be required in support of project working and delivery. There may at times be the opportunity to work extended periods overseas.
4 DIMENSIONS and LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
• Accountable for identifying any issue or risk affecting feature/system delivery, for recommending remedial action, for ensuring this is visible and understood by the Senior Engineer, Functional Manager, Project Manager and Suppliers, and to escalate the issue until appropriate action is taken.
• Advises Supplier Quality assurance of standards required/achievable and arbitrates technical disputes.
• Responsible for recommendation and identification of concept strategies
Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline or ‘HNC qualified or equivalent’ and able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience, preferably a Chartered Engineer. Trained in CATIA V5 preferred.
Appropriate experience working as a Product/CAD Engineer in the automotive industry.