International Senior Buyer - Procurement Manager
Power & Energy
London and South East - Other
A multinational organisation who stand as an international leader in the energy sector.
• Work with the Procurement Director in overseeing Purchasing Policy and Strategy for all nuclear international projects.
• Duties and follow-up from Pre to Post contracts.
• Implementing specific international sourcing strategies to meet changing needs in our current supply chain.
• Manage a portfolio of global Electrical equipment’s suppliers to lead and drive a balanced overall improvement in Quality, Cost and Delivery.
• Responsible for full and correct Supplier Selection, Negotiation and Nomination Processes.
• To develop and implement specific cost reduction programmes to achieve set targets for material cost reduction.
• Participate and support global Purchasing Excellence activities.
• Ensuring key purchasing data is correctly maintained and up to date on the Company's ERP system.
• Lead and manage the commercial negotiations with suppliers and subcontractors with our commercial manager (follow-up on claims with our legal dept.).
• Place contracts / Purchase Orders for assigned supply set, adopting appropriate effective contract management techniques.
• Lead Procurement Division with respect to high value international tenders ensuring compliance with EU procurement directives.
• Adhering to all legislative, regulatory and company procedures / standards e.g. safety, quality, risk, security.
• Minimum 15 years + Electrical E&I purchasing experience gained within a manufacturing/engineering environment.
• Experience of £10m+ contract negotiations with new and incumbent suppliers
• Strong knowledge of the Nuclear and/or Defense industry and/or working in a high profile Tier 1, Prime and/or subcontractor organisation.
• Proven track record of cost reduction programmes and good understanding of manufacturing cost drivers to drive costs to optimum levels
• Demonstrate strong commercial acumen, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, drive for results, confident, and determined.
• Able to operate autonomously, with authority, skilled in developing and building relationships.
• Experience in the use of advanced supply chain management tools.
• Able to identify client requirements and scope wider business opportunities
• Customer focused, responding to customer queries in a timely manner.
• Skilled in the provision of coaching and mentoring.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Educated to B.Eng. Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.(Electrical field would be advantage)
• Significant track record of successful work within the international sector.
• Gained or working towards a Professional Membership: Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply/ APMP - Certified Project Management Associate/ PRINCE2 – Practitioner…
• Full EU Driving Licence.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Either currently cleared to SC level or able to gain it (We can sponsor).