J&P HSSE Advisor
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
“Only candidates who already have the rights to work in Azerbaijan will be considered for this role”.
1. Working with BDJF to implement programs to systematically verify that personnel, plant, equipment, systems of work and all services provided to project by suppliers and BDJF meet contractual and company Requirements. Intervene in any non-compliance.
2. Participate in weekly and monthly Company / Contractor Safety Meeting as required
3. Monitors and report on HSSE performance.
4. Report unsafe acts and unsafe conditions using the site behavioural safety program and notify Line Management and BDJF HSSE lead of any Incidents occurring at site.
5. Track HSE related actions from audits, inspections, safety observations and risk assessments to completion.
6. Support BDJF HSSE Lead in delivery of the Offshore Facilities Annual Action Plan and SD2 HSSE Plan
7. Support the BDJF HSSE lead on key PMT deliverables –
a. Safety Leadership
b. Safety Observation Conversations (SOC)
c. Behavioural Observation Safety System (BOSS)
d. Risk Assess It, Talk It, Check It (RTC)
8. The HSE Advisor is an HSE Program Champion it is their responsibility to ensure that programs (RTC, SOC and BOSS - or equivalent) are being effectively implemented and to coach individuals and teams where improvement is required. Encourage individuals within the workforce to Stop Unsafe Work
9. Attend and participate in daily Contractor Toolbox and RTC meetings
10. Implement as instructed by the BDJF HSSE lead the daily activities as a member of the site HSE team in compliance with Offshore Facilities Annual Action Plan and SD2 HSSE Plan
11. Comply with annual personal targets as agreed with BDJF HSSE Lead
12. Risk Assessment and Management – work with the BDJF HSSE lead to assess, prioritize and manage project risks consistent with the GPO Risk Practice.
13. Work with the contractor HSE organisation to ensure that the risk management process is effectively implemented at site supervision level. Where required attend Contractor Task Risk Assessments
14. Transportation of Personnel and Equipment - Ensure BDJF provide safe transportation and liaise with Road Safety Coordinator to ensure in accordance with contractor terms and conditions and company requirements
15. Monitor Contractor Compliance in Emergency Situations and Drills
16. Provide support and advice on incident investigations
17. Security –support implementation of effective site security practice.
• 5 Years proven experience in HSSE with projects Management experience.
• Azerbaijan and Caspian Sea experience desirable
• Proven experience in Oil and Gas preferably fabrication.
• Experience in Crisis & Emergency Response
• Direct experience in Incident Investigation.
• Good understanding of safety leadership (culture and systems).
• Good understanding of regulatory requirements and how to incorporate into an overall safety management system.
• Knowledge and experience of Fabrication related activities including but not limited to:
o Working at Height
o Lifting operations
o Construction/Fabrication operations
o Environmental issues.
o Commissioning and PTW
o Energy Isolation
o Industrial hygiene
o Food Safety
o Road Safety
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• PC Skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Capable of undertaking statistical data analysis
• Ability to perform effectively in a team environment, inclusive of demonstrating collaborative, cooperative, flexible, adaptable, respectful, and tactful personal characteristics
• Excellent work and personal ethics that include trustworthiness, commitment, and empathy
• Confident, creative, and energetic approach to addressing all quality-related issues
• Competent in effectively communicating in both verbal and written English
• Ability to advise Delivery Team to stop work if significant issues arise in meeting Technical Specification requirements or there is a likelihood that HSSE is compromised
• Ability to develop and implement HSE records ( Inspection reports, BOSS/SOC RtC, TRA)
• Physical fit to access construction work locations both on and offshore.
• English , Azeri and/ or Russian Language Skills prefer
• Qualified in Health and Safety Man