12 months renewable
Makes the freedom of flight possible by designing, manufacturing and supporting the world’s best aircraft. Its people around the globe are united by a passion for aviation, as well as their desire to create better, more efficient ways for airlines and passengers to fly.
.A Java Subject Matter Expert (SME) is required. The engineer must have a broad range of experience with software and its applications, experience of Software development using the Agile methodology and, ideally, knowledge of the control and monitoring of equipment.
The engineer must be able to take ownership of a development area and where necessary engage in technical discussions with key stakeholders, they must be able to contribute to all stages of the Software development lifecycle including development, test and deployment as well as preparing the associated documentation.
The following key technical skills are essential:
JSF (Java Server Faces)
In addition to the above essential skills the candidate should demonstrate competency in a number of the skills below.
• Degree level education (to Masters level would be preferable)
• Java Core (current)
• Java Enterprise Edition (current)
• Spring Framework
• Java Server Faces (JSF2) using PrimeFaces or other JSF Implementation
• Knowledge and use of major design patterns
• Eclipse / NetBeans IDE
• SVN or similar version control management system
• Network equipment configuration
• HTML & XHTML
• XML Parsing
• SQL Databases particularly MySQL
• Unix/Linux & Windows environments
• Agile Development Processes
• Continuous build environments
• Issue tracking systems
• UML/SysML using Enterprise Architect or similar
• Application Server Containers (GlassFish / JBoss)
• Software & system integration
• Network Management Systems
• Control & Monitoring Systems
• IP Networking
• Java Swing
• AJAX/AJAX Libraries
• HTML 5
• Web Services
• Telephony Systems
• DVB Gateway Systems•
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Essential: considerable demonstrable software development of equipment interfaces in a Java environment using Java.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
For further information or to discuss any opportunities, Contact David Hogan at Fircroft on + 44 1925 281 478