Java Software Developer
Our client is an innovative software and technology company dedicated to the needs of the transport industry.
To join an existing project teams of designers/developers producing desktop applications and web services.
Developers will be responsible for assisting in the production of software designs in line with project requirements, and implementing these using Java in accordance with specifications and business quality standards.
KEY ELEMENTS OF ROLE
• Assist in the development of software designs to meet project requirements and which are consistent with the solution architecture
• Implement software in accordance with software designs using the latest versions of Java and working within the Eclipse IDE.
• Make use of relevant frameworks, in particular Spring and Hibernate.
• Undertake developer testing of assigned work to ensure that releases passed to integration testing are free from errors.
• Work with business/systems analysts and testers to plan iterative releases to support the integration test strategy.
• Work with the solution architect to refine the software architecture and ensure that deliverables are consistent with the full solution.
• Engage with peers in the design and review process, including continual improvement
• Work with the project manager and solution architect to estimate packages of work, and subsequently deliver to deadline and budget.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
The following qualifications/experiences are ideally required:
• Educated to degree level, or equivalent
• 3-5 years work-related experience in software design and development, in particular with experience of Java Spring
• Experience of working with JavaFX including FXML
• Experience with object-orientated programming, and UML for software design
• Experience of working in a structured software development environment, with particular attention on quality assurance and peer reviews
• Experience of web services development
• Experience of working with Enterprise Architect and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
• Familiarity with Eclipse IDE
• Experience of working with pub/sub messaging systems.
• Experience of unit testing / mocking frameworks, ideally Junit / Mockito
• Experience of Application Servers, ideally WebSphere
• Experience of working with relational databases, ideally MySQL
• Knowledge and experience of the JPA / Hibernate framework
• Knowledge and experience o
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
The following experiences are desirable:
• Experience in languages such as Pascal and/or C (DeltaRail provides support to existing applications in these technologies)
• Knowledge of Linux shell scripting
• Knowledge of AWS technologies