1. Job Purpose & Scope:
1. Provide leadership, supervision, and direction to the Piping/Pipelines engineering staff and design work.
2. Coordinate and supervise the Piping/Pipelines engineering aspects of the Projects to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule.
3. Supervise, oversee and coordinate regular and timely technical reviews of Piping/Pipelines related engineering deliverables developed by engineering Consultants/Contractors, ensuring design optimization in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices.
4. Closely interface with Company departments, co-ordinate and interface with other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Contractors to resolve technical issues and ensure quality engineering execution and design integrity.
2. Principal Accountabilities:
1. Ensure quality and accuracy of General Engineering Services Contractor's and EPC Contractor's Piping/Pipelines engineering design activities, system integration, and design selection.
2. Supervise and manage the review and approval of General Engineering Services Contractor's and EPC Contractor's work, ensuring compliance with Projects specifications, relevant codes and standards, and best industry practices.
3. Coordinate the required engineering participation and contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to validate and optimize Contractor's engineering designs.
4. Coordinate the technical guidance required to develop new specifications and update existing specifications in line with Company requirements.
5. Supervise and coordinate Piping/Pipelines discipline participation in layout reviews, design reviews, and technical workshops.
6. Influence Facilities and Equipment design optimization.
7. Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline specialists.
8. Coordinate technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
9. Provide mentor's role to develop KSA Nationals and junior engineers.
10. Coordinate the review of technical bid submissions and perform technical bid analysis.
3. Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
1. Report directly to Design Coordinator, and provide support to Project Managers and Engineers within the Projects Management Team organization.
2. Interface with Managers, Team Leaders and Engineers in Company's Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations Units, and Logistics Department.
3. Interface regularly with Contractor's engineering and Project Management Team and Team Leaders as and when required.
4. Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
1. Responsible for influencing, coordinating, and managing all Piping/Pipelines engineering related activities.
2. Sponsor of technical reviews and studies and also responsible for ensuring technical reviews and studies receive the appropriate Piping/Pipelines related engineering input.
3. Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
5. Minimum Requirements:
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in oil and gas industry with comprehensive experience in Piping/Pipelines Engineering, associated technologies and facilities.
3. 5 years' experience in the role either with NOC/IOC/PMC/PMS/PMT, International EPC or Design Contractor organizations.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Excellent technical team and interpersonal skills.
6. Experience and detailed knowledge of relevant international codes and standards.
7. Knowledge of specialist Piping/Pipelines engineering software e.g. ADBP, STONER, SMARTPLANT, PDMS etc. and general business software.
8. Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and coordination of solutions to complex problems.
9. Competent with the ability to lead a team of discipline engineers and provide engineering support
10. Experience with Contractors and worldwide suppliers, in