GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Lead Sourcing Quality Engineer -Large Fabrication & Machining will be responsible for to aachieving Supplier Quality goals for assigned supplier base & commodity, Meeting sourcing goals across product group (Focused on Cost, Quality & Delivery). Contributing to growth plans with existing & new suppliers. Working in a boundary-less manner with diverse global teams to achieve the above results
- Will be the technical & EHS focal point for administering Concrete Hybrid Towers supplier quality process .Will be responsible for on time delivery of supplies from towers & other fabrication suppliers.
- Will be the technical focal point for supplier activities directed toward process control and quality assurance of fabricated and machined components in Rest Of Asia Region. Establish a structured approach for consistency and adherence to quality procedures and requirements.
- Work closely with various functions in GE Renewables-On shore business to conduct First Piece Qualification (FPQ), Quality Surveillance and Capacity audits. Also, assist with new supplier and product development.
- Aid in supplier approval process - manufacturing, technology, and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) risk analysis.
- Drive continuous improvement of supplier's quality, cycle, and delivery performance through Six Sigma and Lean.
- Work closely with Sourcing, Manufacturing, Project Management and Engineering to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may effect quality and delivery requirements.
- Required to work with large fabricated/machined components, similar to those produced in ship, rolling-stock, chemical factory or large automotive industry. Work experience in power generation equipment (piping and hydraulic/fluid assemblies) is highly valued.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills: background in interpretation of blueprints/specifications, metrology, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
- Ability to work in cross-functional, global team environment.
- Passion for excellence, high integrity, commitment to quality, fluent in oral and written in English, willing to take frequent travel.
- Accurate & rigorous evaluation of current and potential suppliers using multiple tools
- Develop, communicate & execute component fulfilment plan for the region.
- Maintain & upgrade product & process quality at suppliers
- Drive & ensure compliance to supplier facing processes (Audits, PPAP, CARs, SDRs, etc)
- Identify & qualify new products & suppliers in the region to drive growth
- Collaborate with other functions as required to execute PPAP projects
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product Introductions etc.
- Perform site audits and lead efforts with management teams to assign and implement corrective actions.
- Drive root cause analysis (RCA) on issues, and drive corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPAs) to closure
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical/Metallurgical/Production Engineering Degree.
- Desired Masters Degree in the above disciplines
- Hands-on experience in supplier development and practical manufacturing (shop floor) exposure. Supplier quality management or supplier technical development experience
- Welding: Atleast 5-7 years hands-on experience in as welding or machining engineer for carbon or stainless steel materials. GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SMAW, SAW and other joining process expertise are preferred: familiarity with ASME, ASTM, and EN fabrication standards is highly valued.
- International Welding Engineer or AWS CWI preferred. Familiar with Non-destructive test (NDT) is required
- Green Belt Certification for GE Internal Candidates
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to cope with multiple complex situations da
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.