Lead Weights Engineer - 30862
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Special Vehicle Operations is responsible for designing and creating a portfolio of brand extending products inspired by two world famous British brands. We produce vehicles for our most discerning, demanding and enthusiastic customers including; bespoke commissions, high value limited editions, halo derivatives and specialist vehicles.
Sustainability Attributes is a multi-discipline function containing the sub attributes Weights & Environment, operating as part of Vehicle Engineering and Attributes (VEA). SVO Weight/Sustainability Attributes have a major part to play in SVO's performance and dynamic target delivery. Additional to the driven attributes, the Weights team ensure regulatory obligations for tailpipe CO2/GHG and Life cycle assessments (LCA) are met. Candidates will be required to lead, manage and champion Weight and Mass Properties target development and delivery for the SVO halo programs. The candidate will be expected to work closely with Core Weights, SVO VE and all COC's to ensure the critical weights data is of the correct robustness ensuring all targets are met. "
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Intimate knowledge of whole vehicle architectures and components
2. Excellent communication skills: Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve attribute objectives and resolve issues is essential.
3. Highly organised, with the ability to handle multiple vehicle programs and gateway deadlines under pressure.
- 3+ Years previous OEM automotive experience; Knowledge of general engineering principles relevant to the design, development, testing and manufacture of technically engineered products.
- Ability to work with technical and commercial information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential to liaising with a number of internal and external parties, and carrying out a range of work tasks.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- PC Fluent (Email,Word,Powerpoint)
- Experience of working with BIW , Powertrain, electrical and chassis COC's
- Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, flexible and demonstrate the ability to carry out tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience of PCDS, AIMs, RMDV and the Virtual Series process would be highly beneficial
Additional Information :
- Special Vehicle Operations is one pillar of the Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations division responsible for developing the strategy, product and process to deliver Special Vehicles. Operating as a business within the business and set up with a nimble/commercially-minded outlook.
- Our area is in a period of rapid growth and transformation, offering a unique opportunity to be part of, and lead, transformation of what we offer and how we do business.