Leader PMST - Powertrain - 27034
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
The Diesel Emissions Aftertreatment team is responsible for the specification, development and delivery of cost effective emissions aftertreatment systems enabling diesel engines to meet the ever tightening legislative tailpipe emissions standards. The role will require the successful candidate to lead the development of aftertreatment systems and as such entails close co-operation with the engine calibration, exhaust development teams and with suppliers. Reporting to the TS / Manager. Key responsibilities will include:
* Selection of catalyst coatings (e.g. DOC, DPF and SCR) for all future diesel applications, including supplier selection.
* Leading the technical development and sign-off of catalyst coatings in close collaboration with diesel engine calibration and exhaust development teams, and supported by suppliers.
* Target setting, prediction and validation of aftertreatment system control of noxious emissions.
* Maintenance of foundation failure mode avoidance documentation.
* Development of simulation and validation methods / test procedures required for the robust deployment of aftertreatment components.
* Management of aftertreatment coatings suppliers.
* Documentation of results from aftertreatment projects as technical reports or evidence packs.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Experienced in the selection, validation and sign-off of components
* A motivated self starter with proven project management skills and able to make decisions which are in the best interest of the business
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Knowledge and application of failure mode avoidance tools and techniques
* A good working knowledge of PCS and GTDS
* Excellent computer skills
* MS Office, MS Access, MS Project and Matlab
* Possess a valid UK driving licence"
* A degree in an appropriate technical discipline (e.g. chemical engineering, engineering, chemistry)
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Knowledge and experience of diesel aftertreatment component and system functions and development
* Knowledge and experience of diesel emissions and OBD requirements and testing (engine test-bed and vehicle)
* Knowledge and experience of emissions / aftertreatment simulation methods and techniques
* Knowledge and experience of powertrain system development and testing
* A higher degree in a relevant field (e.g. catalysis, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, engineering)
* A degree in a management discipline