California - Other
A large oil & gas company
This position requires an individual who has strong analytical skills, is proactive, learns quickly, works independently and has demonstrated the ability to multi-task. The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent problem solving skills. The ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce is important, as well as managing a high volume of work that may change on a day to day basis based on business needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Handles all administrative assistant responsibilities for assigned attorneys and legal analysts, including but not limited to:
• Maintains calendar schedules and coordinates logistics for meetings, activities and functions.
• Works extensively in SharePoint uploading materials, calendaring, reviewing and researching documents and generating reports.
• Prepares correspondence, presentations and routine and complex business and legal/technical reports, with proper handling of sensitive and classified material.
• Assists in preparation of large, complex contracts which require a very high level of word processing skills, including complex formatting, attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
• Coordinates complex domestic and international travel plans including travel for external parties. Manages processing of visas and passports where required for international travel. Prepares detailed itineraries and provides background information for meetings and trips.
• Tracks and gathers related expenses and compiles expense reports in expense reporting system.
• Sets up vendors in internal vendor system. Processes domestic and international invoices for payment.
• Creates and updates matters in internal matter management system (TeamConnect).
• Assists and provides backup coverage to other legal assistants.
• Effectively communicates and coordinates activities, including accommodations, arranging meetings, conference calls, transferring data and other business needs with different groups/locations internally and externally.
• Follows through on all requests to ensure deadlines are met and that work meets expectations.
• Acts as an information resource in the area of computer systems, software and hardware technical support.
• Handles special projects as requested.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum five years of administrative assistant experience with demonstrated highly effective analytical skills within administrative or legal office environment.
• High proficiency in MS Office Suites, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• High level of proofreading, punctuation and grammar skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
• Strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate (written and oral) with all levels of the organization to effectively convey ideas.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are crucial.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments with accuracy and efficiency, including taking initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Able to problem solve and use good judgment in making sound decisions quickly.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience with SharePoint.
• Experience with e-billing and matter management.
• Experience setting up vendors in a payment system.