Lighting Design Engineer
Power & Energy
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
• Preparation of emergency lighting designs in accordance with the relevant industry standards using lighting design packages such as RELUX and DIALUX (appropriate level of training is provided) and provide sales support on central battery systems to UK and global customers
• Preparation of central battery design schemes in accordance with the relevant industry standards
• Responsible for effective and efficient delivery of the complete activity within product applications department
• Provide support to product applications sales and manufacturing, liaising with associated departments to provide improved customer satisfaction.
• Assist organising warranty/service repair and replacement assessing validity of warranty claims with the service & quality department
• Link to Quality, Technical/R&D, product defects, design improvements
• Report to Quality, Technical/R&D department any product quality issues and recurring defects to facilitate continual product improvement
• Supports products & systems development from project specification to product launch and assisting sales force in negotiation to achieve sales.
• Assist marketing plans in order to promote sales
• Deliver new product training to internal teams and customers
• Prepare price lists for review and approval and assist in delivering customer quotations
• Propose new product enhancements in order to offer suitable solutions to customer needs
• Prepare product specifications
• Prepare product pack and NPA, setting up Bill of Material and producing drawings and product specification sheet
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Technical ability in the Emergency Lighting industry
• Computer literate, knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel spreadsheets or similar
• Knowledge of Relux lighting design package and AutoCad
• 17th Edition knowledge
• HND as a minimum