This vacancy has now expired.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Main Purpose of the Role;
To bring theoretical and practical knowledge and experience to a key core specialist engineering discipline. To engineer lighting products that will meet the aspirations of the client and customers.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining specialist technical and business knowledge within the lighting field.
- Responsible for defining and planning work for approval by Functional Manager.
- Responsible for the engineering of certain exterior lamps on new and current vehicle production lines. The objective is to meet the Style requirements with a legal, cost effective and timely solution that meets the exacting group quality requirements.
- Responsible for carrying out feasibility and concept study activities within the team. This will require working with Styling, Concept Engineering, and Product Planning Department interface, and with external partnerships. Accountable for defining a detailed development work package that can be handed over to the delivery engineers to take to SOP.
- Accountable for supporting the Functional Manager in the formulation of TCD/PDB responses for Product Planning.
- Accountable for timely parts release for prototype build and production, and for timely delivery of all Product Engineering activities required achieving timely vehicle launch to quality and cost.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Degree qualified in Automotive, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Physics. Knowledge of principles of light and basic electronics is required.
Solid experience as an exterior lighting engineer in an OEM or 1st tier supplier preferred but not essential.