Logistics Modelling Manager
South East UK
This vacancy has now expired.
• Managing the technical element of two modelling and data analytics contracts.
• Providing technical oversight and guidance to the contractors.
• Managing resources, based on business requirements.
• Defining scope and ensuring scope is being achieved on time and within budget, through the use of effective planning protocols.
• Provide a Subject Matter Expert service in the field of Logistics Simulation Modelling/Discrete Event Simulation modelling.
• Provide expertise in the usage of simulation modelling for supply chain logistics optimisation.
• Provide technical oversight and guidance to Modellers, Analysts, Software Developers, Project Managers, and System Designers.
• Assist in the software project management of a data aggregation, data analytics and simulation modelling application.
• Provide an interface between the project and the contractors that effectively communicates project business requirements to technical implementation personnel.
• Define and prioritise modelling tasks, and chair weekly meetings.
• Provide technical support to the Logistics Optimisation Manager
• Any other tasks, as directed by the Logistics Optimisation Manager
Key Interfaces: Garner and Systems Navigation contractors, Logistics Leadership, other project team personnel as necessary.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Minimum Years of Industry Specific Experience: at least 5 years of simulation modelling experience
Minimum Years of Total Experience: 10 years
Required Skills/Attributes: discrete event simulation modelling, programming, optimisation, project management, business analysis
Preferred Skills/Attributes: discrete event simulation modelling, programming, optimisation, project management, business analysis