A large, independent oil and gas exploration and production company.
Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of equipment and systems, using best industry practice and system to ensure maximum benefit of accommodations, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
* Participate in objective setting and plan development for maintenance of office and residences.
* Liaising with maintenance contractors to undertake routine servicing as well as breakdown and repairs in the various TGL office residences under the contract.
* Initiates, implements, and supervises the residence maintenance program based on best practices with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive / predictive maintenance.
* Monitors the use and inventories of maintenance supplies and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
* Prepares reports, analyses data, and makes recommendations for improving operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
* Communicates regularly with Maintenance Contractor, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
* Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for equipment in residences.
* Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
* Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures. Applying the permit to work procedure in the execution of all works.
* Ensures metropolitan regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
A degree qualification from an internationally recognised university in Land Economy, Building services or Civil Engineering