Oil & Gas
Projects Operation (PO) is currently looking to fill the position of Maintenance Specialist (Electrical). As part of the Project Operation team the Maintenance Specialist will support all projects currently at Mildred Lake and/or Aurora. This position provides operability and maintainability input to design, as well as developing and executing maintenance plans and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design Phase
• Ensure that maintenance related requirements are accounted for in basic and detail design. Review engineering documents, PFD's, P&ID's, plot plans. Participate in model reviews, squad checks and safety related workshops and reviews (i.e. HAZOP's). Provide feedback on operability and of the design.
• Provide input for the overall plant and individual equipment control system.
• Provide input design reviews, attend Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance test (SAT).
• Provide input to Instrumentation, Electrical, and Control Systems design.
• Liaison between project team and site maintenance/reliability and Process Control and Automation (PC&A).
• Operations Gate Deliverables
• Development maintenance procedures for new project equipment
• Assist with populating SAP templates for new project equipment tags, Floc, BOMs, and SPLs.
• Review vendor parts lists and recommend operating spares to be stocked based on experience and GRS equipment strategies.
• Identify special tools and test equipment that will be required to support maintenance.
• Identification of training requirements for maintenance personnel.
• Support development of systems isolation programs (SIFs) for new equipment.
• Assist with development of commissioning/start-up plan, check lists, programs, schedules and acceptance testing requirements.
• Construction Phase
• Liaise between construction and maintenance on maintenance issues.
• Assist QA/QC and construction activities.
• Participate in walk-downs and deficiencies list reviews.
• Commissioning and Start-up
• Lead or assist in developing the start-up plan.
• Perform field startup/commissioning activities such as energizing equipment, rotations, loop checks and calibrations.
• Provide technical support throughout commissioning and start-up.
• Assist with project documentation handover and closeout.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Electrical Journeyperson.
• Maintenance field experience in the execution of electrical work (specific experience in one or more business unit e.g. Upgrading, Utilities, Extraction, Hydro-transport and Material Handling would be an asset).
• A strong ability to troubleshoot equipment and determine root causes of performance deficiencies.
• Fluent with Microsoft office
• Some travel required.
• Project and commissioning experience is an asset.
• Leadership experience is an asset for future leadership potential.