Manager of Proposals (EPC/PMC Experience)
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is an international engineering consultancy operating within the Oil & Gas industry.
Main Purpose of Role:
• Responsible for Proposal Management performance across the Region
• Implements the Region Proposal Management process by driving proposal excellence and compliance with company policies, procedures and client requirements.
• Manages the Region Proposal Group and any other resources required to work on a proposal towards the effective and compliant delivery of targets, tracking and reporting performance on an ongoing basis.
• Manage all pre-contract commercial matters, including proposal preparation and approvals are in accordance with company policies and procedures including internal Proposal Management Procedure
• Manage the allocation of workload within the Proposal Group and performance of the team members in accordance with KPIs and objectives to deliver quality winning proposals on time and within the Proposal Group budget
• Input into the Region strategy and ensure proposal strategies are developed and delivered for all Service Lines in the Region
• Work with Region Service Line Directors for the correct allocation of resources to work on proposals
• Ensure that all relevant data and information compiled during the tender development phase is considered, correct and made available to all tender team members and approving management
• Ensure the smooth running of the proposal within the correct time and financial parameters;
• Alert Director of Sales & Marketing and Project Manager to potential problems in proposal development / production and provide solutions
• Assist and lead negotiation and clarifications
• Ensure that all applicable advice and deliverables are received in connection with support functions including but not limited to finance, tax, insurance, legal, compliance and treasury
• Supervise commercial handover of Wins to operations during project set-up, ensuring coordination/ administration procedures are in place
• Maintain up to date industry knowledge including clients and competitors to ensure proposals are competitive for current market conditions
• Ownership of the pricing process and ensure all costs are up to date, competitive and correct
• Support Director of Sales & Marketing in the region as required, including on statistical analysis, reporting, data as required for business planning or other purposes
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience:
• Engineering or Business Bachelor’s Degree
• More than 10 years Oil & Gas industry experience in Engineering Consultancy
• Experience working in UAE is essential
• More than 10years Regional experience
• Strong experience within the Middle East is essential
• Candidates with experience in PMC contracts preferred
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Leadership and motivation of teams to high performance and multiple deadlines
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong relationship and networking skills.
• Client focused and goal oriented.
• Strong judgment and analytical skills
• Resilient with the ability to handle difficult and challenging situations.
• Organised with strong interpersonal and time management skills.
• Tenacious, assertive and able to professionally challenge and influence decisions.
• High attention to detail.