Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is an oil exploration and development company focusing petroleum resources on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Headquarters is in Trondheim.
The function will be key in the planning- and coordination of all marine operations in the project.
* Promote project HSE Policy and improvement initiatives with regards to the safety of marine operations.
* Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
* Coordinate necessary permissions, including communications to the vessels, rigs, platforms and relevant onshore internal departments.
* Assist with the planning and record of ship visits and inspections in accordance with the Company’s vessel inspection programme.
* Maintain Marine Calendar and Weekly Planning during operations.
* Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of Marine Plans.
* Responsible to acquire and manage all necessary permissions for Marine Operations, incl. operations nearby Edvard Grieg.
* Coordinate all vessel movements, be a focal point of contact for Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS), Vessel personnel, platform managers, onshore organization and logistic bases.
* Solve interface issues, monitor vessel schedules and act as general advisor in marine operations.
* Coordinate and participate in the reviews of method statements and risk assessments for the marine operations including movement of rigs etc
* Close communication with the MWS to ensure effective marine operations with respect to operation limitations (weather i.e.) etc.
* Advise and recommend priorities between different activities offshore.
* Maintain awareness of and ensure conformity with all relevant statutory and Company directives and rules
* During operations, attend Weekly / Monthly meetings and planning sessions with EPCI Contractors, Drilling Contractor, Logistics/Marine Contractors as an adviser on schedule, technical and safety issues.
* Actively participate in HSE meetings and HAZID’s to ensure workable and appropriate solutions are implemented.
* Liaise with Contractors, to ensure that the contractor logistics / marine operations conform with the project directives especially in terms of safety, environment, schedule and quality.
* Excellent communications skills
* English language and multi cultural understanding
* Previous experience working in a client team managing EPCI contracts and offshore operations
* Problem-solver with demonstrable corporate, operational and project team skills
* Solution oriented and strong decision making abilities
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Minimum engineering degree from University level
* Minimum 10 years experience from marine coordination in major oil & gas field developments
* Good knowledge of relevant rules, regulations and standards
* Good knowledge of risk processes incl. HIRA/HAZOP/HAZID