Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
The Marine Manager (MM) is responsible for providing leadership on marine operations and the export terminal, ensuring compliance with international marine regulations and industry standards on safety, environmental and emergency response.
Role and Responsibilities:
To effectively manage Marine division, providing leadership and guidelines, he/she will:
- Liaise with ALM and shippers ensuring efficiency of marine transportation for all cargoes loaded.
- Manage execution of marine operations and ship/shore interfaces:
o Ensure readiness of Marine facilities with respect to ship navigation and manoeuvring;
o Develop functional specifications and manning of marine operations with respect to the ship-shore interface and port infrastructures and for the Soyo harbour fleet vessel;
o Interface with Kwanda port and Port of Soyo;
o Develop bathymetric, hydrodynamic surveys, channel improvement/maintenance and dredging programs;
o Guarantee concession contract compliance.
- Approve terminal operating policies and procedures
o Coordinate with HR to ensure training plans for all marine staff and Angolanisation of the marine division with trained and qualified personnel;
o Supervise oil spill plan and training;
o Support procurement of marine equipment and its monitoring and maintenance;
o Ensure up-to-date Marine-specific operating and emergency procedures;
o Supervise control metrics, as defined in MSRE;
o Supervise cargo documentation assistance for storage and loading.
- Ensure compliance with best practices in the marine industry, applicable international conventions, and national and local laws and regulations.
- Support the procurement of the infrastructures necessary for safe operation of the marine terminal and port systems
- Be responsible for Marine inputs for the department's business plan.
- Deliver Marine budget proposal, and manage the operational and capital expenditures budget to achieve business plan results.
- Ensure contract management activities for Marine.
- Coordinate with HR to ensure recruitment, evaluation, learning and development of Marine staff.
- Bathymetric and hydrodynamic surveys
- Functional specifications of marine operations
- Pilotage and port operations procedures
- Marine competency assurance program/Pilot Competency Assessment System (PCAS)
- Marine emergency response plan
- Oil spill plan and training
- Marine Safety, Reliability and Efficiency (OE process)
- Daily Marine HES reports
- Org. unit inputs for department business plan
- Org. unit operating and capital budget proposal, management and report
- Contract management duties of org. unit contracts
- Org. unit inputs for department learning and development plan
- Direct staff report evaluation
- Org. unit inputs for department recruiting plan proposal
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
CANDIDATES MUST BE A CERTIFIED MASTER MARINER WITH RECENT (LAST 5 YEARS) LNG/LPG EXPERIENCE
- Language: English (fluent), Portuguese (preferred)
- 5 years’ experience as senior deck officer (i.e. Chief Officer or above) on board LNG or other gas or oil carriers.
- Development and/or management of marine terminals especially those dedicated to loading gas and petroleum products.
- Experience as Pilot/Mooring Master and general knowledge of tugs and other service vessels is desirable.
- Experience leading a diverse workforce of Engineers, Technicians, and Operators.
- Candidate should demonstrate personal commitment to Health, Environment and Safety issues.
- Must be able to work well with a variety of cultural backgrounds and professional disciplines.
- Highest ethical and moral standards.