Material Flow Planner
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
MAIN GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This role is responsible for the setting up of the material flow and control cycles to enable the parts replenishment to line side for both BY6 and BY8.
After involvement in the planning and agreement the implementing is carried out by the zone planner to the agreed condition in line with the relevant supply chain routing for each part.
Also the day to day delivery of/maintenance of the material flow methods to support both series production and Project development and introduction to series.
This ensure the replenishment control cycles that pull the material to the line side point of fit are set at the correct levels to ensure the material flows to support our production volume over both BY6 and BY8 for all parts
Within the projects aspects of the role we also plan, co-ordinate and implement new parts and solutions as dictated by the new project being introduced, including process and all dolly and board requirements and manpower requirements. These solutions are discussed, agreed and brought off by all relevant parties including 3PL providers
Maintain current POF data by for Production along side confirming correct capacity in the line side locations to hold the correct quantity of parts to support the build or highlighting the risks and working with the zones to remove these issues. Actions are:
• Action PZR’s from the zones to move parts to productions required point of fit
• Reviewing capacity lists and highlighting issues and potential solutions
• Run zone reviews with the zones to raise and record issues and status of.
• Support all current material flow issues with current series build and investigate issues and solutions where required
• Input our systems (SAP) with the relevant information required against required parts to enable the correct control cycle label is is printed carrying ther correct information and correct SCR code entry
Agree and implement delivery solution for all new model/project parts for responsible zone for both BY6 and BY8 platforms (And SUV going forward) and implementation of. Areas of activity are:
• Agree delivery method and routing of part from on site store to line side fit point
• Establish and design of sequencing and kitting requirements and processes where required.
• Meet with suppliers to discuss requirements for new processes
• Understanding of planning parts lists, supply from PSL and overall complexity
• Agree handling of parts on delivery line side
• Agree and plan warehouse routing dependant on zone and capacity-Including line side layouts
• Chair/run zone reviews and document minutes/feedback to organisation
• Supporting material feed issues highlighted in series production
• Implementation of solutions in to series operation
• Input our systems (SAP) with the relevant information required against required parts to enable the correct control cycle label is is printed carrying ther correct information
• Support with relevant training/supervision of new processes on implementation
Audits areas to ensure VDA basic standards being introduced with new solutions and current are being adhered to, reporting where correction is required. Activities to support this are:
• Chair/run zone reviews and document minutes/feed back to the organisation
• Track progress of issues outstanding
• Co-ordinate further meetings where required to find solutions to specific issues
Represent Logistics in meetings and discussions for the relevant zones and requirements to support the zone with clear material flow. Activities to support this are:
• Attend and collate information to be able to take away and report back information to the material flow team for decisions to be made
• Feedback to the zones information and our Logistics strategy to the subject
• Participate is discussions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• The role requires good analytical skills and good understanding of Logistics principles. IT skills are required with verbal and written communication skills a prerequisite.
• Experience of Logistics material flow and supply chain management preferred
PRACTICAL & TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
• Knowledge of Material Handling processes and procedures
• Health and Safety knowledge and experience in manual handling and material handling
• Good level of IT literacy (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access/Outlook/Projects)
• Good level of SAP competence
• The role requires good analytical skills and understanding of Logistics principles.
• Previous internal Logistics experience
• Problem solving skills
• Presentation skills
• Hands on Material Flow/Material Handling experience IT and analysis skills
• Good basic SAP Knowledge
• Experience in material Flow and movement