Our Client is an International Company involved in the supply of Energy globally. Their Operations cover Exploration, Production and Downstream and at present they have projects in over 30 Countries worldwide.In Australia they are involved in one of the Country's largest LNG Projects, including both Gas and Condensate which is currently in Construction Stage.
* Source local and international suppliers for materials and inventory items
* Prepare Request For Quotations (RFQ's) and evaluate responses
* Negotiate with suppliers on all matters relating to terms and conditions, improved pricing of quotes received and delivery options that may be more economic and timely
* Coordinate on contractual, commercial, taxation, insurance, HSES and legal issues with relevant internal stakeholders
* Resolve technical queries with Operations Maintenance group
* Raise Purchase Orders (POs) and resolve queries as required
* Expedite the delivery of purchased goods and ensure their compliance with the required specifications and delivery date
* Identify issues and provide solutions in line with the Contracts & Procurement procedures
* Maintain positive vendor relationships
* Ensure confidentiality of contract documents is maintained
* Perform any related duties and responsibilities as and when required by Business Support manager, Contracts Lead, Contracts Engineers and/or Procurement Specialists
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Previous procurement experience, preferably in oil and gas industry
* Thorough understanding of Sourcing and Procurement processes
* Strong capability in cost and time effective sourcing to procure goods from competitive suppliers
* Experience in contract formulation activities, systems and processes.
* SAP skills (MM module) and an awareness of functions of the AP and PM Modules)
* Understanding of Inventory, cataloguing, quality control, logistics and warehousing principles
* Understanding of local content requirements in the contracting process
* Good communication skills, both oral and written.