Materials Co-ordinator (Hook Up & Commissioning)
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
To act as Materials Coordinator for the undernoted support of Hook up and Commissioning activities and to provide support for the Holding Location activities to the MI&HU Manager.
The role will cover the Project phases from preparation for departure Holding Location works in Europe, readiness of the FPSO for departure in China, delivery of the scope at the Holding Location yard, readiness for sail to the field, wet tow, hook up and support through to first production.
• Assist in the final review of the tenders and site visits to confirm a suitable candidate for the Holding Location
• Preparation and review of processes and procedures associated with the arrival of FPSO at Holding Location
• Participation in the development of construction workpack’s for the holding location, Infield hook-up and pre-hydrocarbon commissioning
• Participate in the detailed planning of both the Holding Location and Offshore Schedule scope of work from a materials management / logistics perspective.
• Participate in the management of the interfaces associated with the above (both internal and external).
• Review and monitor physical inventory of materials / spare parts. Make sure that all stock items are in the system and in line with the coding standards.
• Perform receive / return activities and ensure inventory adjustments are made accordingly.
• Identify critical and additional materials / spare parts required for construction and commissioning activities by consulting engineers, maintenance technicians and vendors.
• Responsible for stock replenishment – review availability of stock items or direct charges, raise purchase request and coordinate with purchasing team.
• Responsible for ensuring the timely notification of any material shipments, packaging and preservation requirements.
• Responsible for overseeing Holding Location Contractor’s warehouse-related rigging jobs and ensuring safe practices are followed while loading and off-loading materials.
• Responsible for overseeing the proper storage and housekeeping of materials (may also include various oils and chemicals) based on requirement, proposing space optimization methods.
• Provide various inventory related reports as needed.
• MI&HU Manager
• Lead Construction / Commissioning Engineer
• MI&HU Team members
• Delivery Managers
• Key Vendors associated with main accountabilities
• External third parties as required
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Qualifications & Experience:
• Experience in materials management / storage & handling / inventory & warehouse management
• Relevant experience within the Oil and Gas industry
• Relevant E&I qualification and experience.
• FPSO operations experience.
• Experience of Yard Management / Supervision
• Current Offshore Training and Medicals
• Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, an effective team player and demonstrate the required flexibility that the role will require.
• Computer literate (MS Office, Outlook) with hands on experience in Materials Management Systems (Maximo)
• Must be medically suitable for travel to China and Offshore if required (adhoc)
• Should be able to carry out task-based risk assessments for material handling jobs.
• Must have good communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Must have good organizational skills
• Based in Aberdeen with travel as required to Vendor sites.