Mechanical Discipline Inspector
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client, a major owner/operating company, requires expertise for their ongoing oil sands mega-projects in Alberta.
This position is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
As an Mechanical Discipline Inspector your main duties will involve:
• Perform discipline quality inspection activities in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plan
• Keep Quality supervision updated with status of quality issues
• Monitor production processes and perform surveillance activities
• Review and evaluate Contractor’s and Suppliers’ quality documents for accuracy and adequacy
• Support Mechanical Completion process
Tasks and Respondsibilities
• Provide expertise to site team to avoid/resolve quality problems
• Confirm readiness to work, including evaluating the status of key documents
• Monitor Contractor’s and Suppliers’ quality control activities
• Perform assessments of the Contractor’s and Suppliers’ quality processes and procedures
• Perform inspections / verifications in accordance with requirements of the Inspection and Test Plans
• Witness Contractor’s activities and endorse Contractor’s and Suppliers’ quality records, as appropriate
• Steward nonconformance’s within scope of responsibility
• Provide early warning of potential quality problems
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
As an Mechanical Discipline Inspector you will have experience: '
• High school graduate or equivalent; college degree in a related field is preferred
• 10 years minimum construction and/or fabrication experience related to project scope
• Evidence of training and 2 years minimum recent experience in selected discipline is required
• Technical qualification or certification in discipline as specified at time of staffing request
• Must be proficient in common PC software (MS Word, MS Excel, etc.)
• Read, write and speak fluent English