This vacancy has now expired.
A leading provider of cargo and load handling solutions with the goal of becoming the leader in intelligent cargo handling
• Manage design (concept and detailed) for structural and mechanical works
• Review designs and solutions for feasibility, quality and cost effectiveness
• Provide quantity assurance and control for Structural and Mechanical works
• Monitor and verify the implementation of suitable corrective actions
• Identify if new procedures are required to be written for other activities, other than existing procedures
• Responsible in ensuring all documents are updated and distributed as per document control procedure
• Assist project team in ensuring all work carried out are in accordance with project specification, contract documents and project drawings
• Ensure finished works meet all specifications and specified quality requirement
• Develop and manage crane structural and mechanical engineering solutions and concepts for clients and projects.
• Developing cost estimates for structural and mechanical engineering concepts and designs
• Manage detailed design development and associated activities conducted by sub-contractors and consultants
• Conduct inspection, testing and design engineering solutions to issues and problem encountered throughout the design implementation
• Develop detailed schedules and resource plans for mechanical engineering design and implementation activities
• Ensure financial forecasts are accurate and that sub-projects are progressing as planned.
• Liaise with client’s technical staff to complete engineering reviews, approvals and manage issues to resolution
• Provide structural and mechanical training to work crews to enable the implementation of designs and solutions
• Responsible for the overall quality control related to the solution.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Advanced Diploma or Degree in Mechanical/structural Engineering
Min five years (10 years for non-degree qualified) experience in mechanical/structural engineering or equivalent
Five years experience in industrial lifting equipment
Technical problem solving
Design management and review
Computer literate in Word, Excel and Project (or equivalent)
Advanced AutoCAD skills
Good written and oral communication
Effective team member