Mechanical Planner (Rotating & Static)
Oil & Gas
Qatar - Other
up to 5 years
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is one of the largest producers of low-density polyethylene (LDPE) in the Middle East.
The company produces a wide range of LDPE grades that are suitable for all thermoplastics processing techniques used for various applications. These include, food packaging, agricultural films, extrusion and coating lamination films, high-clarity films, injection moulding, cables, wires, foam and other products that are widely used all over the world.
For this position preference will be given to candidates already here in Qatar or in GCC region
Plan and support effective implementation of maintenance plans for the assigned areas within maintenance and contribute in the coordination of shutdowns and other major Client project, in accordance with the maintenance strategy/HSE standards in order to support achievement of reliability, integrity, uninterrupted operation and sustenance of high productivity standards. The selected candidate shall perform his/her duty independently to support Mechanical team as per the below detailed task
• Prepare the details of work orders regarding requirements for materials including specifications of spare parts and planning cards to be followed by technicians for all Mechanical Static/Rotating equipment’s preventive maintenance and repair jobs.
• Coordinate with Client Static and Rotating Engineers the preparation of Weekly and Shutdowns maintenance job planning card and scheduling activities
• Verify work requests/Order received in the system from various plant locations and validate that they have been scheduled according to priorities and resource availability
• Identify spare parts for the Static and Rotating equipment as per the document;
Determine quantities, prepare specification to be procured for the direct execution of the job as well as for the inventory stock.
• Visit plant site and prepare equipment and spare parts specification for the creation of items in SAP and CMMS database.
• Prepare scope of work for the automation services required to be offered for the tendering by contractors
• Work in liaison with Client Engineers to carryout technical evaluations of contractor bids for supply, services and contract engagements. Conduct Technical Discussion with Vendors for clarifications and other technical requirements.
• Maintain and update maintenance histories for Electrical equipment and systems in assigned area.
• Plans major overhaul, shutdown and turnaround activities in co-ordination with production and other department officials
• Co-ordinate with other discipline Planners, maintenance engineers for the preparation of manpower forecast, spare parts, equipment and timing in order to optimize the utilization of down time of plant.
• Develop PM plan and seek approval from superiors, Implement it with effective scheduling techniques
• Review Equipment performance and recommend proper reliable maintenance method
• Define milestone, major activities, relationship between activities and create budget estimate to achieve target date as agreed with clients with appropriate software
• Participate in various meeting with production and maintenance department for the effective implementation of maintenance program
• Coordinate with turnaround section to periodically monitor and analyse the status of TA activities and assist in scheduling and execution of critical jobs.
• Coordinate and liaise with contractors for the execution of projects and validate the project performance within the set parameters
• Perform site inspection on regular basis and to follow-up work progress and ensure the works are as per approved schedule.
• Review invoices as per PO and conduct initial validation in line with defined policies & procedures.
• Ensure timely and accurate posting of all data related to maintenance planning for the assigned section in SAP in line with defined protocol and procedures.
• Ensure compliance to all quality, Health, Safety and Environment procedures
• Collaborate with HSE and Quality on related issues such as process safety maintaining and updating system documentation and continues improvement system to achieve target standards.
• Perform other similar duties such as observing safety rules and regulations, follow quality procedures as prescribed
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Qualification & experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 5 years of field experience in maintenance of Mechanical Static/Rotating equipment & Planning activities
• 3 year of experience of maintenance planning jobs in similar environment of Petrochemical, Oil & Gas Industries
• Ability to use all related tools and instruments
• Knowledge of international codes & standards related to Mechanical disciplines and material
• Aware of proper maintenance techniques
• Experience in Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Industry
• Detail understanding of preventive / predictive maintenance theory
• Strong planning, organise and integration skills.
• Analytical, time management, decision making and problem solving skill
• Inventory management skill
Language and communication skills:
• Communicate fluently in English language
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure, technical manuals, and engin
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Previous experience in Middle East will be preferential
• Experience in Qatar desirable