Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is an International Oil and Gas Operator involved in 2 of Australia's largest LNG Projects based in Western Australia. Spending more than 20 years building a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve world-class performance, our client places the highest of priority on developing a strong safety focused culture.
An opportunity is available a Mechanical Specialist to be part of the Downstream Quality Group based on Barrow Island. The successful candidate will be self- motivated, possess good communication skills, leadership, teamwork, technical mechanical experience, computer literate with a high level of technical report writing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Quality surveillance of mechanical equipment at site to ensure that the Project’s requirements, as detailed in the Technical Specifications (project specifications and national standards) for all rotating equipment are met. MDR review as required progressive and final.
• Provide overall rotating equipment technical expertise and coordination with BWI construction, engineering and commissioning teams responsible for rotating equipment, bringing a collaborative approach to problem solving. Assisting to facilitate sub system/system turnover and eventual handover.
• Prepare and submit surveillance reports as required including narratives and photographs, action items shall be clearly defined with actionees and tracked to resolution.
• Verify that the mechanical rotating equipment if at a site before or after installation satisfies Project preservation requirements consistent with a reporting log verifying the preservation.
• Promote safety awareness (Incident Injury Free) and safe performance example at site, fabrication yards, subcontractors and vendor shops participation in IIF. Complete safety observations monthly and as required
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• HND/Trade certificate mechanical engineering or equivalent
• A Minimum of 10-15 years in the oil and gas industry
• self- motivated, possess good communication skills, leadership, teamwork, technical mechanical experience, computer literate with a high level of technical report writing
• Trade Certificate, Higher National Diploma or equivalent fully conversant with applicable API and BS rotating equipment standards
Additional Comments: Position is for 12 months, located on BWI, working 11 hours per day on a 28on 28off roster.