Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client, a major owner/operating company, requires expertise for their ongoing oil sands mega-projects in Alberta.
This position is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
The job description for this role is:
• Responsible for ensuring safe and successful execution of construction activities in their area
• Participates in Project Management Team
• Serves as day-to-day interface with construction contractor / craft labor during the execution phase, providing a focus on safety, quality, cost and schedule
o Provides safety monitoring / leadership
o Interfaces with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues / progress
o Provides oversight of contractor’s materials management / verification systems
o Ensures compliance with specifications, procedures and plans
o Monitors workforce productivities / progress relative to schedule
o Monitors environmental compliance, as required
o Interfaces with contractor for field level changes, e.g., scope, costs, etc.
o Verifies post-site arrival of procured equipment and engineering equipment
• Serves as liaison with Site Manager and Area Lead on barriers / emerging issues
• Provides pre-commissioning / mechanical completion oversight / verification
• Supervises the mechanical completion phase and transition to the final hookup and commissioning phase
• (punch list management via EPC contractor)
• Coordinates construction foremen
• Coordinates quality audits
• Oversee installation, hook-up and turnover of mechanical equipment scope at Utilities Plant
• Includes stewarding preservation, vendor coordination/interface, construction planning, package walkdowns, mechanical equipment package troubleshooting, rotating equipment mechanical equipment, static/dynamic commissioning experience.
• Experience with large pumps (alignment, footing issues, run tests etc)
• Previous millwright experience a definite plus. Working as Owner team rep also paramount