Medical Liaison and Implementation Support Manager
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Under the general direction of the Health Services Director and within the general framework of the Health Services Operating Discipline and Clinical Guidelines, assist the Director, Health Services, in the set up and implementation of the health strategy and services, and to assist in the training of Saudi medically trained resource, to capacitate them to progressively take over the liaison and quality management roles.
The role will substantially involve assisting the Health Services Director with the interface between Director, Health Services and the appointed service provider with regards to ensuring effective communication, implementation of actions agreed, full implementation of the occupational health management systems, delivery against service level agreements, quality assurance and continuous improvement.
• General liaison between the director of health care services, and the service provider/s to ensure communication flows effectively in both directions, and that actions agreed are implemented
• Liaison with other role players in the health care environment as appropriate such as external health care facilities and services, employee groups, and providers
• Assist in the on-going development of health management systems
• training and on-going support to the service provider in the application of the occupational health management systems,
• quality assurance, through formal and informal auditing of the services in respect of quality and performance against the service level agreement/s, closing out of gaps and corrective actions and ensuring data capture is done to the required standard,
Contribute to the expertise of Health Services through focal point roles, team or project roles as assigned.
The incumbent is accountable for providing Health Services expertise to the organization which is composed of both Company health services professionals and contract professionals. Ensures Health Services for employees in facilities valued in excess of twenty billion dollars, and with manpower in excess of three thousand employees
- Assisting the Director, Health Services in the implementation of the health services strategy, and the setup of services.
- General liaison between the director of health care services, and the service provider/s to ensure communication flows effectively in both directions, and that actions agreed are implemented
- Liaison with other role players in the health care environment as appropriate such as external health care facilities and services, employee groups, and providers
- Liaison with the government services on health service issues
- Participate in the development and implementation of Health Services Operating Discipline, management systems, programs and plans as assigned. Assists the Medical Director in coordinating the review and providing health services related input to Company guidelines, standards and programs. Recommends improvements and proposes solutions to health services issues.
- Assists the Health Director in developing the Health Assessment Program plan for assigned employee groups, using the Health Services Operating Discipline. This assistance includes participation with the service provider in order to provide input and assure quality in the evaluation of facility or department chemical and physical agent hazards, exposure information and regulatory and Company standards to determine the specific testing and frequency needed for employees in the group. This process is done with the support of the Industrial Hygiene delivery technician with administrative support from the Health Director.
- Is an expert user and consultant on Company Occupational Health module in SAP.
- Training and on-going support to the service provider in the application of the occupational health management systems,
- Assist with quality assurance, through formal and informal auditing of the services in respect of quality and performance against the service level agreement/s, closing out of gaps and corrective actions, responsiveness to issues, management of medical records, and ensuring data capture is done to the required standard,
- Has knowledge of the Employee Assistance Program.
- Medical Review Board (MRB) Participation. A MRB may be requested by the Occupational Health Nurse to address complex or difficult medical, job or personal issues complicating the management of a case. (MRB’s may also be called by HR, Legal or Supervision.) The nurse will then contribute Health Services expertise to the MRB as it develops a strategy and will implement the specific steps identified for Health Services by that strategy
- Interfaces with all levels of management and disciplines.
- Interfaces with the contracted service providers
- Advises management on governmental health services related issues and trends.
- Assesses facilities’ operations on health services compliance.
- Provides expertise to Public Affairs Liaison and other organizations and provides input on health services related issues to Non-Company facilities.
- Participates in emergency response drills and exercises held by government and other industry organizations in the area.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in nursing or equivalent desirable.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing is desirable
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Five or more years’ experience in nursing
- Five or more years’ experience in Occupational Health Nursing in a chemical manufacturing environment highly desirable
- Detailed knowledge of Occupational Health service management systems
- Detailed knowledge of occupational health auditing and quality management processes
- Detailed knowledge of the laws, regulations and standards governing health and safety for employees.
- Detailed knowledge in the principles and action of epidemiology, safety, industrial hygiene, wellness and behavioural change theory.
- Detailed knowledge of toxicology, health promotion, lifestyle risk factors and ergonomics, especially as related to the occupational environments is essential. Specific training in physical skills assessment and in the theory and implementation of specific medical testing is expected.
- Certification in Hearing Conservation and Spirometry is desirable.
- Breath Al