Metallurgical Advisor - Refinery
Oil & Gas
Thanh Hoa Province, North Vietnam
This vacancy has now expired.
Residential role based at the refinery site in Thanh Hoa Province, North of Vietnam
Initial contract will be signed for 2 years with possibility to extend.
Position: Metallurgical Advisor
Division: Maintenance / Reliability Engineering
Reports to: Deputy Section Manager of Reliability Engineering
During EPC phase, Advisor should work for the following job together with other maintenance management team.
1) CMMS Workflow development
2) Develop Tier 3 and 4 procedures
3) Survey daily maintenance company
4) Maintenance Machine shop design and operation
5) Warehouse work design
6) Attend and train new employees
7) Participate in Construction Work Quality and Safety Assurance
After the Mechanical Completion,
1) Responsible to provide support services to Maintenance Division and to advice the less experienced engineer in the divisions.
2) The advisors work very close with the engineering staff to convey their advice to all relative staff.
3) Advice for resolving problems in corrosion control and materials performance affecting the refinery process and utilities units.
4) Assist to interface with refinery personnel and assist to provide expert advice and front line technical support for maintenance and operation on all corrosion control activities throughout the refinery.
5) Assist to monitor corrosion within the refinery units and provide recommendations periodically to minimize/control the corrosion rate.
6) Assist to evaluate the effectiveness of the corrosion inhibitors in the refinery and assist the refinery in benchmarking the corrosion control practices with other practices used in the industry.
7) Assist to perform corrosion failure investigations and special corrosion related studies.
8) Assist to review corrosion mitigation and monitor activities in the field to identify needed system modifications or procedural changes.
9) Assist to initiate and conduct special studies to minimize/control the corrosion in the refinery units to improve the facilities operation.
10) Guide, direct and motivate the less experienced engineers and operators including setting education and training and assessing their performance in association with their superior and the Human Resources Section.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Minimum 10 years in relevant section of Refinery with prior experience in industrial stages.
International and/or multicultural work experience is required.