Module Project Engineer - Chassis - 30140
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Department Chassis SST (Suspension Systems Tuning) department is part of Chassis Product Development and responsible for delivery of Struts, Dampers, Spring Systems & Air Suspension. This Role is as a Module Project Engineer - on a vehicle line of the D7A Platform The role. The successful applicant will be engaged as a Suspension Systems Tuning - Module Project Engineer, and be responsible for delivery of all Suspension Systems Tuning component designs, through to Parts Supply Warrant sign off and Production .
• Lead the department interface with the Chassis Program Team & support the programs as required.
• Interface with suppliers, engineering and other client departments.
• Ensure suppliers & engineers achieve correct levels of design, quality & timing commitments.
• Ensure agreed Cost, Weight, Resource & Engineering Targets for robust Gateway Delivery.
• Technical ownership - Lead resolution of SST AIMS, design & quality issues.
• Meeting/review coverage - CPE reviews - VIT/PST as required - Package reviews - Weekly module sessions - Gateway technical reviews - Manufacturing Deep Dives
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
3 KEY SKILLS
1) In depth understanding of Chassis/SST Components with a minimum of 5-years + experience.
2) Proven ability to work unsupervised, lead a team and ensure robust delivery against commitments.
3) Able to create Presentation material and Deliver at Chief Program Engineer Level.
Knowledge and experience of our clients Systems, WERS, AIMS, RMDV, APQP