Network Build Engineer
is a global pioneer. Their joint talent and technology connect and protect lives. Creating innovative, effective space and defence solutions and services for their customers, driving their industry forward.
1. Scope of position:
A Network Engineer is defined as a fully effective team member able to work on their own to a defined scope of work lasting up to six months.
2. Key responsibilities:
- Be an effective and productive member of the team.
- Using appropriate tools and techniques, design and develop test solutions to client standards and to meet the test requirements of the product.
- Working with the development team to ensure adequate network build and upgrade coverage.
- Produce hardware and software solutions for integration into the test system where required.
- Be responsible for own career development.
- Be responsible for own time keeping with regard to task milestones.
- Maintain a record of all work carried out, either in formal drawings and specifications or in engineering log books.
3. Key relationships:
- Report to Team Leader or Prime as appropriate, taking technical and task leadership as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with team members.
- Report progress on tasks as required to immediate supervisor or project manager.
- Develop a trusting and professional relationship with QA representatives.
4. Decision making authority:
- Make technical decisions within the test tasks, establishing the best test solutions for the products in question.
- Act as customer representative by deciding upon the suitability of a product or system through testing that product and passing or failing it.
5. Problem solving responsibility:
- Be able to isolate and demonstrate failures in the product or system, identifying likely causes and possible solutions.
- Be capable of applying general principles and experience to solve complex problems.
B. PERSON SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Formal Education and training:
- A Technical qualification backed by several years experience producing test solutions.
- Several years experience in a similar role within industry.
- Familiar with build and integration methods for software, hardware and network systems, and strong in the test development methods for at least one of these.
- Competent in all skills as shown: CISCO (CCNA or CCNP), SNMP, FTP, networking theory.
- Nice to have: Netcool, DOORS, Starteam (configuration tool)
3. Other key skills/product knowledge:
- Requirements Management.
- Good Communication.
- System Engineering principles.