makes the freedom of flight possible by designing, manufacturing and supporting the world's best aircraft. Its people around the globe are united by a passion for aviation, as well as their desire to create better, more efficient ways for airlines and passengers to fly.
The Network Service Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance and solutions to users and customers via the service desk and providing an interface to other technical stakeholders; including subcontractors. To achieve this, the role is responsible for delivering technical service skills in accordance with defined scripts and processes to resolve incidents.
Tasking will include but not limited to:-
* Port reconfiguration with daily reporting
* Core switch port reservations
* Core LOAP VLAN Creation
* New VLAN applied to switched including ACLs, QoS,
* VLAN moves during PC Migration
* Service Engineering Support to users.
Direct engagement with stakeholder communities including user groups necessitates the role to be responsible for the performance of the operational service elements that are delivered.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The role holder is required to deliver technical service solutions as a response to customer raised incidents and problems. This will require a strong focus on organising, delivering, monitoring and controlling elements within the delivery of services and the opportunity for participating in continuous service improvement initiatives. Additionally, the understanding and contribution to the delivery and analysis of service reporting including tracking of KPI's & SLA's is a key activity.
Operating within the service desk environment, sometimes on a customer site, the role is responsible for the delivery of contact management and as such, it is critical that communication is fluent and concise to assist users in resolving incidents. This includes managing expectations, perceptions and the attainment of performance criteria.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
* To provide resolution to service incidents and problems, applying diagnosis and maintenance activities.
* Identify and champion opportunities to drive enhanced value and cost savings that ensure services are delivered cost effectively.
* The service must be delivered in line with contractual obligations to avoid organisational exposure and the allocation of service credits, abatements and liquidated damages. Consistently perform and deliver outputs within the service contract time constraints (KPI's, SLA's and CSF's).
* Regular housekeeping activities are carried out on the delivered service in accordance with contractual obligations and continuous service improvement initiatives.
* Actively participate in the attainment of industry standard and vendor specific certifications and processes, including ITIL framework, ISO20000 accreditation for Services.
* Participate in the company rotating shift and 'on call' program as required by the service contract and company needs.
* Performing initial troubleshooting of faults using the management platform
* Diagnosing and fixing faults within the SLA, either remotely or utilising Field Maintenance Engineers (FMEs) on site.
* Liaising with FME when on site and providing assistance when required.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* HNC or equivalent Comms/Engineering discipline
* Cisco CCNA
* Previous network installation experience mandatory.
* Proven experience as a network support engineer
* Proven experience of network installation and commissioning
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Windows desktop and server environments
* PacketShaper/Steelhead desirable
* Service Desk methodology i.e. ITIL, Prince2, SixSigma
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.