Our client is a major organisation within defence, security and aerospace.
Performs technical Non Destructive Inspection (NDI) of material, parts, components and pressurized systems; interprets and evaluates indications of test methods applied; maintains equipment; and supervises nondestructive inspection activities
Performs Technical Non Destructive Inspection:
(1) Selects and performs technical non destructive inspections by examination of material parts, components and pressurized system of missile, aircraft and support equipment.
(2) Operates and utilizes ultraviolet, liquid penetrant, eddy current,magnetic particle, radiographic, optical and ultrasonic equipment and techniques to observe, measure and detect discontinuities, flaws and other defects such as inclusions, voids, blow holes, seams and laps not discernible by orthodox visual methods;evaluates physical state of materials such as sorting metal according to alloy, temper, conductivity and other metallurgical
factors, surface or subsurface discontinuities, flaws or defects in substances, relative depth of flaws and integrity of pressurized systems; and to measure thickness of materials.
(3) Performs bonding tests.
(4) Operates and performs operator maintenance on non destructive tests and oil analysis equipment.
(5) Performs EFDC on RB199 and hydraulic oil sampling
(6) Performs Wear debris analysis using Jetscan Scanning Electron Microscope and Debris tester
b. INTERPRETS AND EVALUATES INDICATION OF TEST METHOD:
(1) Interprets and evaluates tests by analysis of indications such as ultrasonic wave traveling through or being absorbed by metallic or non-metallic material to detect discontinuities and relative depth of discontinuities; variations in electrical characteristics and/or energy losses in detecting and measuring depths of discontinuities or flaws; and visual results of seepage of liquid penetrant.
(2) Measures fire and heat damage to nonferrous metals.
(3) Identifies by type and quantity the wear metals in fluid samples using LCM20 Hydrauluic analysis equipment
c. INSPECTS AND EVALUATES NON DESTRUCTIVE INSPECTION ACTIVITIES:
(1) Conducts periodic inspections of work activities and functions to determine status of capability to meet mission requirements.
(2) Checks for adequacy of maintenance of equipment, storage and use of materials, safe radiological operation and presence of fire and safety hazards.
(3) Checks for compliance with technical orders, safety and applicable directives and policies..
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
a. Knowledge of technical orders, regulations, manuals and procedures governing identification of discontinuities and flaws in metallic and non metallic parts; operation and maintenance of non destructive inspection test and oil analysis equipment; storage, use and disposition of acids, solvents and cleaning agents; radiological safety and operating procedures; safety codes and practices; concepts and application of RSAFM4-7166 series and supporting publications; ferrous and nonferrous metal characteristics and metal processing principles is mandatory.
EDUCATION: A level with courses in mathematics,physics.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in performing functions in a non destructive inspection shop is mandatory
TRAINING: Completion of a metallurgy and testing procedures course is mandatory.
Normal color vision and visual accruity test are mandatory
Current and continued certification, in accordance with RSAFM 4-7166-38 is mandatory.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.