Power & Energy
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is an award-winning company dedicated to improving safety within engineering while significantly contributing to improved reliability and efficiency within the Civil Nuclear and Defence Nuclear sectors. An expanding SME with clients including several of the major nuclear sites and offices in Cumbria, Manchester, South West UK and Scotland.
A physicist with radiometric experience to undertake interesting, varied and challenging consultancy work within the nuclear sector.
Typical assignments will include:-
• Interpreting the measurement requirements of customers and application of the most suitable techniques to meet them.
• Analysing measured data in sentencing and inventory processes where interpretation is beyond machine capability
• Developing new and innovative applications in product or system development
• Setting up, testing, calibrating and characterising radiometric measuring processes either in new systems or on customers’ existing equipment
• International collaborative projects, delivering or leading on the physics or related elements of work packages.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Experience of using radiation transport modelling codes
• Knowledge of radiation measurement techniques
• Practical experience of using radiometric measuring equipment and data acquisition/analysis
• Experience of working on nuclear sites
• Eligible for UK Security Clearance
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Masters Degree or Higher